Can you guess this city?

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good job Gusterfell ! So far this one has really stumped me and I've thought about it more than any of the others I've gotten correct. Let's do this logically and review his clues:

1. Climate and "vibe" like Monterey, CA (that tells me it's a Mediterranean type climate and it's a hip/cool/progressive city)

2. East-facing coastline (this rules out cities on the Atlantic coast of Europe or Pacific coast of North America)

3. Not in North America, but in many ways similar to an American city (this could mean an English speaking city or maybe not.)

4. Not Dublin or Auckland (at first I thought it was this city or Wellington) but just off from one of them by a couple of thousand miles (should not be Sydney b/c Auckland to Oz is approx. 1300 miles)

5. Recognizable downtown therefore he's just showing us part of it

Hmmmmmmmmmm.....

Ok, I'm going w/nowensone and saying that it is SYDNEY w/the coastal shot being the eastern suburbs and Bondi Beach area. However it should be noted that Oz to Auckland is only 1300 miles which is less than "a couple of thousand miles." :unsure:

Final answer..........i think.

I was sitting there hitting the allsats and google maps for east facing coastlines with a small cliff lined penisula and some human development, all the while ignoring Sydney, even knowing full well it has this geography, and finally the dumbass light goes off in my head. And I still wasn't positive. :)

I was sitting there hitting the allsats and google maps for east facing coastlines with a small cliff lined penisula and some human development, all the while ignoring Sydney, even knowing full well it has this geography, and finally the dumbass light goes off in my head. And I still wasn't positive. :)

Archived