Construction Thread-Orlando-Paramount

Aga11940

• Replies 674
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At the risk of sounding like an a-hole, you got anything else for us not specifically related to road closures? I would think, with as much as you guys are sticking your neck into these days that you might have some information regarding some other projects? I can think of two fairly large ones off the top of my head. I know after a couple of months in the field on a specific project you start to develope tunnel-vision and tune out a lot going on within our respective companies. Just didn't know if you had more?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

These pics are from Saturday's concrete pour. They've added a permanent boom to pump the concrete in the center of the tower portion of the building. It seems the schedule for the pours completes a floor every two weeks. At least one or two more floors will conceal my view of the four-story portion of Post Parkside. Things will probably speed up when the parking garage on the back of the lot is finished. In the last pick, you can see the second-floor ramp for the garage. Have we all noticed just how big this thing is?

dscf0268ot7.jpg

dscf0264sa5.jpg

dscf0265pz3.jpg

dscf0266kf9.jpg

^Awesome shots palmtree73. It seems, while we've been discussing the uncomftrable proximity of the property between your two buildings, that The Paramount has gotten pretty close itself. Give that thing a couple more floors and you'll be passing the sugar with your neighbors.

Or better yet, reach down and grab a package of sugar off the shelf at the Publix. As I walk the dog around the block, I really enjoy the feel of this building from the street. I'm tempted to call the sales center and grab one of "the last 10 units" available.

As for the plot of contention, draw a vertical line from the center of the tree in the first pic. Then draw another vertical line from the corner of The Paramount, and you'll see why everyone is so upset. We'll see what the developers of 330 E. Central have come up with at the MPB meeting on Feb. 20.

Before I started feeling too sorry for myself and neighbors, I ran across this: http://www.nytimes.com/2007/01/28/realesta...amp;oref=slogin

These owners have paid more than $2 million for a condo that will have its view block by a 15-story sanitiation parking garage before they've even moved in. Even by New York standards, that's ridiculous.

And while we're starting to get depressed about not having any new projects to drool over, everyone can read my favorite real estate blog, Curbed

• 2 weeks later...

gahhh

now this project is really moving at a snails pace

cant wait till it is finished though

it will add a lot to central

nah, it's actually ahead of schedule. They originally stated they'd just be emerging from the basement and building street level by the end of jan 1. (they were on the 2nd floor by the new year. Also said they'd be finishing the pedestal/deck (5th level i beleive) by May. (on the way to beating that estimate too). I hope they keep up this pace.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a

of construction (Warning: turn down your volume a bit). The video starts with a view of Star Tower and canvases the Pine Street side of The Paramount. You can see the amenity deck being fleshed out on top of the last level of parking. The first level (the seventh floor?) of the tower portion to go vertical from this monolith is being prepped for a concrete pour in the next day or so. From street level, it may not look like much is going on, but a lot of detail work for the amenity deck is taking time away from going vertical.

Archived