West Nashville Development Question

jcoop

The one thing I have noticed about the post on the Tennessean is that those post are not edited and it is pretty much a free for all. Interesting that HG Hill and other stores are competitive on some items and not others. I shop at different grocery stores in town and have see this over and over. Hill has had some great prices on meat here in Ashland City while the Publix is high. The next week it is reversed. Who knows what logic they use.

I think HG Hill will eventually be out of the grocery business.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^ I defintely agree, HG Hills will probably be sold out to a larger chain at some point like Food Giant, Foodland, EW James (not probable, but they did buy out Winn Dixie in KY), or another chain in that league. Anohter scenario would be seeing it broke up into individual stores under AWG (Associated Wholesale Grocers) franchises ("Country Mart", Price Chopper", "Thriftway" for example).

Moving back onto topic, what sort of supporting elements do folks think a Publix and Home Depot could bring into that commercial area? A mid-level department store or two perhaps? An electronics retailer? Bookstore? Etc.

There's already a bookstore at Nashville West now - Books-a-million.

About HG Hills, I'm just not that sad to see them go. I do hate it for the employees, though overhearing some of them a few weeks ago it sounds like they're ready to leave. It's nearly impossible to eat healthy and shop at that store. The Krogers on Charlotte near White Bridge at least carries an organic/health food section where you can buy Koshi cereals and blue corn organic chips (I can't remember the brand but you find them at every other store, other than HG Hills). I'm hoping a Publix comes in there with a decent health food section but that article seems to allude to Publix (at least for now) denying any other new stores for Nashville.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Finally after do many months of NOTHING, they started back on this project. Across from red robin they are putting in, what the site plan says, 2 small restuarents, 4 shops, and a plaza area. no idea of actual names yet. I did find out that Claires will be opening up on May 1st 2008. I called the marble slab in Bellevue and talk with the manager, and they are in a debate with the pricing of the building and he dont know if they will take it or not now, he said if so will be the end of the year when it opens.

• 4 weeks later...

I was at Nashville West a couple of days ago and they appear to be moving along building retail and/or restaurants in several different parts of the development. Anyone know what other retailers will be coming to this development? I'm still hoping for something that's not your run-of-the-mill mall/strip-mall store or big box you'll find in every part of the city. We were discussing in another thread that this might be an interesting area to put an IKEA (perhaps with a little bit of infrastructure improvement).

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry, no Olive Garden. The owner/manager of the one in Hickory Hollow told me tonight that the only one being built in the area in the next year is in Spring Hill. Very disappointing. But hey! Maybe we'll get a Red Lobster! Toss in a Ruby Tuesday and the collection of crimson-themed restaurants will be complete.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived