IN PROGRESS: 917 Main Street

beerbeer

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.loopnet.com/xNet/MainSite/Listi...p;PgCxtDir=Down

287 rooms with 220 parking spaces in 200,000 sqft.

if the building cost 10 Million and it needs 10 Million to be fixed up into rentals, 20 million puts the cost per unit at something near 70,000/unit.

this would be pretty cheap by todays standards. this is not withstanding any city help.

I am sure the TV studio could be included in the renovations for a reasonable return, and as a way to help get things rolling now so the whole area can be redeveloped 5-10 years later.

the room breakdown is as follows

8 Suites

87 King Single

14 Queen single

86 Double double

92 Economy single

I am guessing the rooms vary in size pretty severely.

The biggest concern would be plumbing and utilities for kitchens in the units.

http://www.loopnet.com/xNet/MainSite/Listi...p;PgCxtDir=Down

287 rooms with 220 parking spaces in 200,000 sqft.

if the building cost 10 Million and it needs 10 Million to be fixed up into rentals, 20 million puts the cost per unit at something near 70,000/unit.

this would be pretty cheap by todays standards. this is not withstanding any city help.

I am sure the TV studio could be included in the renovations for a reasonable return, and as a way to help get things rolling now so the whole area can be redeveloped 5-10 years later.

the room breakdown is as follows

8 Suites

87 King Single

14 Queen single

86 Double double

92 Economy single

I am guessing the rooms vary in size pretty severely.

The biggest concern would be plumbing and utilities for kitchens in the units.

Doubt anyone will pay 10 million for that place. I heard the rehabs cost for the totally run down place is too high. Does Hartford have a anti blight ordinance on the book that we can fine the owner an outrageous amount of money until they give up the building? Should do the same to butt ugly building and capital west building and.....

Doubt anyone will pay 10 million for that place. I heard the rehabs cost for the totally run down place is too high. Does Hartford have a anti blight ordinance on the book that we can fine the owner an outrageous amount of money until they give up the building? Should do the same to butt ugly building and capital west building and.....

10 million is a ridiculous asking price. The building was bought by the current owners for 3 million when it was in much better condition than it is now. In speaking with the people at Constitution Plaza, there has been plenty of interest in this site, but no one in their right mind is going to pay 10 million for a building that basically has to be gutted down to bare bones.

Because of the size of the rooms and the presence of a restaurant and club/lounge, this would make a great ultra hip boutique hotel for anyone with the means.

The mayor and the city should start making life miserable for city landowners like this instead of making life miserable for landowners who actually invest and bring something to the city.

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a web site for this complex? I was thinking of moving back to Connecticut and would love to live in Hartford.

I tried looking for a site that showed floor plans, pictures, and pricing but I am having trouble. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Saw this on the planning department web site for the July 8 meeting.

http://www.hartford.gov/Development/planni...0070808%202.pdf

901,909,941 Main street (also known as 915 Main)

"Amendment to a special permint-Increase in the number of units, Addition of off-site parking spaces, changes to the main street facade, changes in the exterior lighting, modifications to the Pratt Street facade. Plans dated May 6, 2008

MORE UNITS!? cool! and where?

parking?

modification to Pratt Facade- is this Kyto?

interesting stuff here for sure.

The PDF also has changes at Dutch point. more approvals for 945 Wethersfield and has 31 Woodland street on it as well.

I just spoke with the renting agent at 915 about his retail space.

he said that they are talking to several potential renters but no leases yet.

I then said that I saw that they have rented up to 50% from the paper the other day, and he said that they are over 70% now.

How great is it that a building with no parking can rent out this fast in downtown Hartford. Sounds like the kind of positive news that would encourage a developer to make a move and get something else on track for downtown in the not too distant future.

Also It was posted that there is scaffolding being put up today to remove the nasty overhang on the front of the building. The zoning hearing was last night so it must have been approved. I forgot to ask about the stuff in the hearing a posted above, but all in all this project has been a real success.

here is to hoping that some of that retail space leases up!

"Amendment to a special permint-Increase in the number of units, Addition of off-site parking spaces, changes to the main street facade, changes in the exterior lighting, modifications to the Pratt Street facade. Plans dated May 6, 2008

parking?

The PDF also has changes at Dutch point. more approvals for 945 Wethersfield and has 31 Woodland street on it as well.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey all- I've been living in 915 Main for about a month and I love it. Our apartment is spacious- high ceilings, light gray granite counters in the kitchen and bathroom, huge windows, plenty of closet space. I just had 10 family members over for dinner (who all live in the suburbs) and they are all jealous and kept saying that this is a wave of the future. Its true- theres nothing quite like not even seeing your car until the weekends. Great job, keep it up Hartford!

parking?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Apparently this is now past the design review board.

The resturant is as well, as are a few other things.

as it turns out the building only got something like 70 CO's, and Nyberg was building something like 100.

there was a cease and desist order put on the building.

One of the planning people even said that less C.O.s were given than that something like 30.

then they gots some more and now they are looking to get the number up to 100 according to the planning site.

so as it is right now on he agenda is bringing the number of units up to 100, and adding off site parking(likely through a contract)

and getting Kyto finished.

I am sure that since this all made it through design review that Planning and Zoning should be an easier hurdle.

I really hope this all comes together so that 901 can truely be finished, and that the facade can be revitalized to its full potential. it still pretty much looks like CRAP.

add in some retail, (dreaming) and this part of downtown is on a roll.

Archived