Roger Clemens

Inkdaub

He's the greatest. He's right up there with any pitcher in the history of the sport. He is a legit legend we see before us.

Is anyone else tired of his prima-donna contracts and hoping he gets his ass rocked this year?

He won't of course...Clemens is simply too inhumanly good a pitcher for that...but I'd like to see a little rockage anyway.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well he has gotten much bigger in the last 7 years or so, but Nolan Ryan did the same thing he is going and stayed the same size...with todays strength and conditioning and the year round programs most of the guys are on I wouldnt be suprised if he was clean.

• 10 months later...

not the best move, I am a red sox fan and would like to have him back. But I do not think he will save the team, RC won't make Damon healthy, or Abreu hit homeruns etc... He will help the staff, but still IDK, I think he may make them a playoff team, but it depends on if the red sox keep up and the blue jays pick up.

• 2 weeks later...
not the best move, I am a red sox fan and would like to have him back. But I do not think he will save the team, RC won't make Damon healthy, or Abreu hit homeruns etc... He will help the staff, but still IDK, I think he may make them a playoff team, but it depends on if the red sox keep up and the blue jays pick up.

the red sox have a history of falling back mid-season and the yankees have a history of picking up their pace mid-season. it happens almost like clockwork.

as for the yankees and clemens, the yankees need pitching. the last time roger was a great pitcher was when he was with the yankees. i think he'll help them quite a bit. he liked playing for them in the past and he'll like playing for them now. i look forward to having him back.

going 6 innings doesn't help their bullpen, they need to fix that too. And the hitting is starting to pick up over the last two nights, so they will get their hitting back and pick up a few games, but they need a bullpen bad.

Roger had great command last night, only 4 balls per inning. I am concerned he is going to get hit a lot once up in the big leagues. He only gave up 3 hits, but everyone was making solid contact. He has to hope he gets a little more zip on the ball or he could be in rough shape for his first few starts.

Roger had great command last night, only 4 balls per inning. I am concerned he is going to get hit a lot once up in the big leagues. He only gave up 3 hits, but everyone was making solid contact. He has to hope he gets a little more zip on the ball or he could be in rough shape for his first few starts.

Archived