Jacksonville P&C Discussion Thread

bobliocatt

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I like the new Page 1! Alot has changed since the original post was created, and this will help our newer members catch up.

Here's another new business opening up downtown! I'm sure they'll do well with all the residents that will move in next year...

RD Express Pharmacy opens

3a.png3b.png

RD Express, a full-service pharmacy at the Landing, held its grand opening Monday.

^The former Parkview hotel on the NE corner of Main and State Streets, just south of Confederate Park. It was originally planned about a year ago and stalled. No there's rumors in the development community that its starting back up. The main problem is the developer found out that site is polluted due to a factory that used to be there about 100 years ago.

Its an apartment complex targeted for young professionals and urban minded people. I think its a great site, because it helps bridge the gap between downtown and Springfield. It also would be a good reason for the city to come in and clean up Confederate Park, by removing the large amount of homeless people living there.

• 2 weeks later...

So,besides THe Orchid nightclub & Eclate Jazz club,is there any real tenants for the Bay Street area yet or are we going to have a bunch of t-shirt & beer venders working out of there for the SB.I mean,we are kinda running out time.

I do not want to come off the pessimist.I just want more substance for our downtown.

So,besides THe Orchid nightclub & Eclate Jazz club,is there any real tenants for the Bay Street area yet or are we  going to have a bunch of t-shirt & beer venders working out of there for the SB.I mean,we are kinda running out time.

I do not want to come off the pessimist.I just want more substance for our downtown.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The last time I checked, The Orchid Club was on hold. Other than that, there was an article in the Buisness Journal that stated that there were a couple of places that where going to permanently open up along Bay Street, including a couple of restaurants, although it didn't state any names.

I'm still under the impression that we'll hear about most of these projects around l New Years. It doesn't take much work to put in a nightclub or restaurant into those buildings, as long as they're already in good shape or being renovated, like the Holmes Block. The super bowl will be a coming out party for the Bay Street Town Center. After that, it will be up to us to keep these businesses alive.

The last time I checked, The Orchid Club was on hold.  Other than that, there was an article in the Buisness Journal that stated that there were a couple of places that where going to permanently open up along Bay Street, including a couple of restaurants, although it didn't state any names.

I'm still under the impression that we'll hear about most of these projects around l New Years.  It doesn't take much work to put in a nightclub or restaurant into those buildings, as long as they're already in good shape or being renovated, like the Holmes Block.  The super bowl will be a coming out party for the Bay Street Town Center.  After that, it will be up to us to keep these businesses alive.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Is the Baystreet Town Center going to be on East Bay Street or the Western part going towards I-10? It would be nice to try and build up west bay street downtown as well. Some old buildings there that can be renovated as well into restaurants, nightclubs, bars, etc., like in the old days in the 1960's.

FLORIDA SKYRISE

Archived