The River Market

1 hour ago, arky said:

I don't have any unfortunately - was told just that a "reputable developer" had secured a site for a commercial project in the River Market.

The question I have is where would it be located? There is no vacant land in the River Market unless you include the property  at River Market Avenue/3rd  just west of the Simmons/Acxiom building or just west down 3rd at Cumberland where the Holiday Inn Express was to be located.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, Smith said:

Gusano's appears to be closing and reopening as The Shack BBQ. That rumor has floated around for awhile that it was returning to LR. Supposedly, Gusano's pizza will still be on the menu.

What?!!!!  I like Gusano's, and it always seems busy?  This is disappointing.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 11/21/2016 at 12:05 PM, skirby said:

Arkansas Business is running a story that Simmons Bank is interested in the Acxiom Building. Right now their  offices are located in the Simmons  Tower (Metropolitan Tower, TCBY Tower).

Simmons employees are starting to move into the former Acxiom building.

On 4/11/2018 at 1:35 AM, theman said:

Simmons employees are starting to move into the former Acxiom building.

This should really help bring some more life to that block during the day. That building was mostly vacant and should now have over 300 people coming to work there everyday. With the continued growth of that bank, that number should only continue to increase. 

15 minutes ago, arky said:

This should really help bring some more life to that block during the day. That building was mostly vacant and should now have over 300 people coming to work there everyday. With the continued growth of that bank, that number should only continue to increase. 

Any word on what their existing building's name will change to? I know that Energy is one of the largest tenants, but they don't want their name on it since they think it won't look good to customers that they "have" a building.

The Revolution Restaurant on Cumberland & President Clinton will be closing its doors next month.  No reason was given for the upcoming closure.  The adjacent music hall will remain open, however.

http://m.arkansasonline.com/news/2018/apr/19/revolution-restaurant-little-rocks-river-market-cl/

Edited by bigbank10x
Typo

• 8 months later...

Andina Cafe and Coffee Roastery  at 3rd and River Market Avenue has announced it will be closing. A long time fixture of the River Market the owners says the closing has to do with an increase in rent  and the increase of panhandlers in the area driving away foot traffic. Instead of the newly elected mayor of LR begging Top Golf to open up he should figure out  what to do with the ever increasing problem with panhandlers.

Sadly they had something in place a few years ago but I believe it was ruled unconstitutional by the state supreme court... If I recall correctly, the complaint was that as long as they are on side walks it's public right for anyone to be there. I know originally the law was put in place to stop groups from blocking up traffic at stop lights asking for money ( one particular group was being rather threatening towards drivers when they approached them) but this also applied against general pan handling and sadly got struck down.

Edited by SangreRaVen

7 hours ago, theman said:

What did the outgoing mayor do about panhandling? It has gotten worse under his watch.

I agree  and something needs to be done.  I don't think getting a Top Golf will solve any of the problems the new mayor will face but he was acting like it was the best thing since sliced bread.

I would argue the panhandling (which wasn’t limited to Little Rock) has gotten much better. All of those people at intersections have virtually vanished, hopefully on account that it wasn’t effective. There are better, more appropriate ways to assist people in need, which is what the city tried to remind everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...