Designed for Richmond

Cadeho

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, when I would save and close and then come back to it, SketchUp had done something weird with the original layout. I'm going to get Google Earth and SketchUp Pro soon, so Ill have the real city layout. I can just transfer the buildings to there. It would be better, and the terrain would be much more realistic!

Thanks. I decided to double the number of sides and see how it looks. I personally think it looks better than the triangle building I had earlier and it also still fits perfectly there.

I personally prefer the triangular, and I feel the brown color is heavy and depressing. The three corners of the original should be columns of light at night and serve as fire stair wells behind opaque glass. That's my 2 cents. :)

Ill have to mess with it some more ;)

Don't futz around with it too much. You had a really good thing going with the triangular shape. And my advice would be to ditch the color scheme and go with light stone facing. Also, a set-back or two or three each on a different floor level would add interest.

My 3 cent! :lol:

Don't futz around with it too much. You had a really good thing going with the triangular shape. And my advice would be to ditch the color scheme and go with light stone facing. Also, a set-back or two or three each on a different floor level would add interest.

My 3 cent! :lol:

The newly revised, Virginia Central Tower...aka the Triangle Lot Building at 40+ stories...

untitlediv1.png

It's only 3 sides!

Thanks man...here you go...

untitledzc2.png

I like where your going with this. To my (strictly amateur) eye, the only thing that I would suggest would be to work on the detail of buildings top. Is there something that can be done that would make it less generic and add more of a signature touch? You know what I mean..understated yet unique.

I like where your going with this. To my (strictly amateur) eye, the only thing that I would suggest would be to work on the detail of buildings top. Is there something that can be done that would make it less generic and add more of a signature touch? You know what I mean..understated yet unique.

I know exactly what you mean, I had something in mind. Ill have to work on it this afternoon. Thanks for stopping by :)

OMG that's much better!

However I do object to one thing... and it is the destruction of the cobblestone alley that marks the northern edge of the Great Basin. Can some of it be spared to nod to the historic significance of the site like the James Center did?

Archived