Designed for Richmond

Cadeho

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My first sketchup building. It's not perfect, and I have no idea how many floors it has and I have yet to figure out how to mass produce windows. It was inspired by a stand at work which was basically an obelisk with a ball top.

01.jpg

02.jpg

05.jpg

07.jpg

09.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Since it is such a prominent site, how about a lot of glass maybe highlighted by the color you have in mind? It is quite a unique three-sided design; judging from your skyline plot, it looks to be the highest in the city. Would there be underground parking?

Excellent work, Tommy!

Thanks, Burt. There would be underground parking, with retail on the street level.

Tommy, if I remember correctly the triangle has a concave curve on the western side along 8th street. Have you taken that into consideration? My memory could be faulty on this but one of those aerial photos would show it clearly.

Archived