New-look Terrazzo

downtown cliff

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Terrazzo site/construction pics....

The base of the crane is set and will be just to the right of the wood in the pic - right hand side about half way down - I failed to capture it in my pic....... excavation is coming along at a rapid pace.

terrazo1.jpg

terrazo2.jpg

terrazo3.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Drove through the Gulch today and noticed that they are for the time keeping the small red mobile crane on site. Also all digging has been completed for a week or so now and the concrete started to flow as they are building the parking garage at this time.

Also.... now that the Icon is rising a tad bit faster and both segments of the buiding have been merged you can really get a scope of the size of this thing. It's huge. I can't wait to see all the ground level retail go in. There is going to be a large retail enviroment in the Gulch with all the space coming availiable in both the Icon and Griffen Plaza and possibly the two towers on 12th and Demom.

Market Street enterprises has pretty yellow signs all over the Gulch and those plots not under Market Street are being sold independently, even those all the way up to 8th Ave. In a few years you wont recongnize the place.

Another side note... I was at Myers Carpet/ Flooring warehouse over on 8th a few weeks ago and I commented on what a gerat view they had of DT. The owner then said he was approached by the developers of The Icon or The Terrazzo some time ago (he couldn't remember which one but he was pretty sure it was the Icon) before planning had begun and was asked if he would sell his place to them. They wanted to purchase Myers and McDouglas liquor. He ultimatly turned it down and they then chose the current plot on 12th. They told him they were considering both locations but that his was the prefered mainly because of the DT view. I'm glad they chose 12th Ave.

Drove through the Gulch today and noticed that they are for the time keeping the small red mobile crane on site. Also all digging has been completed for a week or so now and the concrete started to flow as they are building the parking garage at this time.

Also.... now that the Icon is rising a tad bit faster and both segments of the buiding have been merged you can really get a scope of the size of this thing. It's huge. I can't wait to see all the ground level retail go in. There is going to be a large retail enviroment in the Gulch with all the space coming availiable in both the Icon and Griffen Plaza and possibly the two towers on 12th and Demom.

Market Street enterprises has pretty yellow signs all over the Gulch and those plots not under Market Street are being sold independently, even those all the way up to 8th Ave. In a few years you wont recongnize the place.

Another side note... I was at Myers Carpet/ Flooring warehouse over on 8th a few weeks ago and I commented on what a gerat view they had of DT. The owner then said he was approached by the developers of The Icon or The Terrazzo some time ago (he couldn't remember which one but he was pretty sure it was the Icon) before planning had begun and was asked if he would sell his place to them. They wanted to purchase Myers and McDouglas liquor. He ultimatly turned it down and they then chose the current plot on 12th. They told him they were considering both locations but that his was the prefered mainly because of the DT view. I'm glad they chose 12th Ave.

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Archived