Baton Rouge Photo of the Day

byrde

City Plaza II does kind of have a disappointing light up sceme, but in it's defense it doesn't really have much of a crown to light up. Oh well, maybe the courthouse will be better.

I t looks like a simple flood light set up. With that being said, I know they would have to have seasonal lights,red,green,purple and gold for LSU. I just love to see a CBD lit up at night, it just makes the city look bolder.You're right Dan, The Courthouse will be the icing on the cake! 3449639993_5514ec520e_o.jpg3449639993_5514ec520e_o.jpg

Edited by southeastBR

Very simple, nice! For some reason I really like the way that beautiful slim and gothic steeple snuggles up to the highrise. Perhaps that's why?...I don't know save I've been sitting here staring at it now for the longest time...

Thanks Zahc! Here is another pic (old) of St. Joesph's Cathedral & One American Place. I have always liked the contrast in architectural styles....BTW great job on your photos in the San Francisco thread :thumbsup:

stlouisb.jpg

One day, I'll show you how to levitate ;)

I wouldn't recommend climbing a water or guide tower to snap a pic.

:silly: Sure! That will come in handy...in the meantime I may have to climb in a church bell tower and hope I don't bust an eardrum!

In a way the fact that you can't get the entire skyline is good because that mean we're getting a denser downtown and have more tall buildings! :D

True Dan, good way to look at it :thumbsup: I sure would love a shot of the skyline from atop the I-10/Washington St. traffic cam!!

^Thanks southeastBR for taking those night-time shots in the CBD! Were the Gateway Bldg(Iberville & Beinville) lights on in that 2nd pic?? Hard to tell..looks like the top was shaved off...II City Plaza's lighting could be better; but it could also be worse..I have been meaning to see it in person! The north-elevation of the new Courthouse should illuminate nicely; not sure about the rest?? Downtown BR's most recent buildings have done a nicer job being lit-up at night!

Not even sure if my newer camera has correct shutter speed? for good night-time photo's??

I like the way the new II City Plaza & new Courthouse looked wedged between the Old State Capitol & Governmental Bldg...gives the southern CBD a bigger city look! Alo of open air/space before these were built!

41509004o.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

preciate the comments tiger & byrde, tried to do an HDR of the old castle

Bridges.JPG

You are very talented. Definitely my favorite picture of Baton Rouge.....but I'm obsessed with the river.

I'm hinting to my wife for a Nikon D60 for my birthday. Maybe I can finally contribute then :)

Edited by cajun

You are very talented. Definitely my favorite picture of Baton Rouge.....but I'm obsessed with the river.

I'm hinting to my wife for a Nikon D60 for my birthday. Maybe I can finally contribute then :)

HEYYYY that was taken frm Southern !!!! I dont care what anybody says, that campus and our views from the bluff are second to none !!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

In an effort to wake up our sleepy forum, I thought I would post this picture I took from my phone the other day. About a month ago they finally made all the necessary repairs to the shaw center, from damage caused by Gustave. They replaced the signage on the south side of the building, but instead of using the original "white" lights, these new ones glow "orange" like street lights. At first i must admit it bugged me, but in this photo you notice that the glow of the sign now mimics the color of the lobby ceiling so it does make for an interesting photo.

shawcenter.jpg

^ I'm jealous LT of that zoom lense in your 1st pick...where was that taken from?? Not everyday you can see Bluebonnet Towers, Perkins Rowe, Pennington, LWCC Bldg from that angle...and just missing out on the medical corridor, Shaw, Jacobs and the hotel district(Marroit)

^Was the 2nd pic taken from the Old State Capitol?? That side of the CBD is looking better everyday! II City Plaza is a nice addition; just wish it had been at least 5 floors taller! Hope they can do something with the EBRATS bldg (hidden behind new Courthouse) soon!

^Nice shot buckett5425! Interesting stuff about the lighting...that pic would be a nice addition to the Shaw Center for the Arts thread...I have some older pics I need to post in that thread...that contemporary-style artchitecture gives BR a more cosmopolitan look...much need for a bland downtown. Locals tend to either "love it" or "hate it"...I think it looks great at night coming from the I-10 Miss River Bridge!

Edited by richyb83

That 300mm lens turns out to be a poor investment, most of the photos are blurry, maybe because I am a noobie to the dslr family. The of DT was taken from the OSC, I tried to get to the top taking the stairs, but the area was off limits to the public and too many security cameras. Other than that that's it.