Baton Rouge Photo of the Day

byrde

You are welcome Lamar! And nice location for a shot. Jacobs is a nice 13-story building that was built in the 80's.

Yep, you said it Dan. Soon an 8-story building will be going-up there(my #3 post on BR Rises), and really add to the surroundings on Essen Lane. I also like that you can see the OLOL skywalk behind Copeland's restaurant too.

My bad Nate, I wanted to give you props for the pic of the retro Coca-Cola sign. Thanks!

Edited by richyb83

That tower has to be the most out of line item in downtown. I know it's important, but $%^&* @ it.

You're both right guys, that tower is completely out of place Downtown.

Here are a couple of ideas that may improve it's looks.....

371px-First_Hyperboloid_Tower_by_Vl.jpg

Shukhov_Tower_photo_by_Sergei_Arsen.jpg

(photos courtesy of wilkipedia)

Edited by fla_tiger

.....just kidding about the tower guys, but it would look better than what is now there.

A couple of shots of construction progress on Direct General's new home out Florida @ the new Central Thruway:

DSCN1089.jpg

DSCN1090.jpg

seems that they revised the entrance design a bit from the rendering.

Edited by fla_tiger

:lol: Funny

^Hey fla tiger, nice shot! And thanks for the re-designed rendering too ^You were over near where I grew up and still don't live very far from.

Fairly nice size building way out on Florida Blvd. If you put a 120,000 sq.ft. deeper into the city this thing could be at least 10-floors. But the burbs were probably alot cheaper. Orginally Direct General wanted the property at I-12/Millerville at what is now Super Target.(very close to where I now live) I'm glad that did not happen!

:lol: Funny

^Hey fla tiger, nice shot! And thanks for the re-designed rendering too ^You were over near where I grew up and still don't live very far from.

Fairly nice size building way out on Florida Blvd. If you put a 120,000 sq.ft. deeper into the city this thing could be at least 10-floors. But the burbs were probably alot cheaper. Orginally Direct General wanted the property at I-12/Millerville at what is now Super Target.(very close to where I now live) I'm glad that did not happen!

Thanks richyb.....

The popularity of Super Target has spurred all types of development interests along Millerville. Too bad the City-Parish couldn't have improved Millerville BEFORE it opened. And to think, the area was basically given up for dead, when Kmart was there and all the new development went east to Oneal.

Looking north down St.Louis Street from the west parking garage at the RiverCenter

This view looking toward the ChaseTowers will soon be changing; with construction begining this Summer of the new 19th Judicial Courthouse and Two City Plaza; and possibly the two-story addition of the Municipal Bldg.

*In the far background (if you strain your eyes) you can barely see one of the "gateway" buildings to the Capitol Park Complex; the 9-story new Iberville state bldg. between One American Place and the Chase Towers. :shades: And barely see the steeple of St.Joesph's Cathedral in front of the Iberville

chasekm2.jpg

It's hard to show you on this pic; the Municipal Bldg. is not easy to see :ph34r: The roof-top barely shows over the trees behind current courthouse(orange roof); but before City Plaza. There are two sepreate elevations to the roof top; taller on the right side; a little lower on left side extending to the street.

Hope this helps :thumbsup:

Please help me out here. Would that be down by Choctaw near 38th?? Thanks for the pic :thumbsup:

La Thunder, I think I know the location, is it Florida looking towards Popeye's (and old Goudchaux's, now FEMA and Netflix) from the Greyhound station?

I drive pass this often.

Edited by fla_tiger