Short Pump Developments

TBurban

Yeah, thats the location of West Broad Village. This was a comstruction update of Town Center West(the one by SPTC), Id figure Id use this thread a s a little Short Pump development thread :thumbsup:

Notice I caught my error as soon as I posted it and went back to re-write it, but you were too fast! :lol:

• Replies 895
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is that in the middle of the country, or is it just the angle of the pictures? :huh: How close is it to Richmond or any center of dense development?

Haha, it's just the angles of the pictures. It's right outside of Short Pump, the new up and coming suburban outer city of Richmond. It is close to the country though, the Goochland County line is a few miles down W. Broad Street.

Notice I caught my error as soon as I posted it and went back to re-write it, but you were too fast! :lol:

Haha, its all good. and to answer your question, yes, this is where the new Hilton Hotel is going up :thumbsup: I wonder if theyll use a tower crane :D

Ahh, thanks guys. I figured it had to be close to something, those pics confused me a bit. Are there any renderings out for this project yet? I looked through the thread but didn't see any.

Yep. here are the renderings for Town Center West (the construction pictures above) :thumbsup:

Towne Center West, Short Pump

This development includes Retail, Luxury Apartments, and a new Hilton Hotel.

newdev_towncenw_ren1.jpg

newdev_towncenw_ren2.jpg

newdev_towncenw_ren3.jpg

newdev_towncenw_ren4.jpg

hiltonshortpump1kj.png

There have been no renderings released yet of West Broad Village.

Tburban I hate to break it to ya but a long while ago I did see two Renderings of Westbroad Village on NBC12.com of only the Towers and they were both two different designs because I think they changed it. I'll see if I can find it.

I think I saw one of the renderings too. Wasnt one of the building like a yellowish color? Anyways, Im not sure what I saw. I know no final renderings have been released yet though.

I'm not clicking my heels in glee over the Town Center West renderings. Very mundane, IMHO.

And I really get rattled by the names of new developments out there.

Short Pump Town Center; Downtown Short Pump; Town Center West; West Broad Village.

The only name with class is Innsbrook, though I do like the sound of Three Chopt Road. Why can't Three Chopt Village supplant the boring West Broad Village name?

I'm not sure where you're going with this but, maybe it's because of the closeness to broad and how broad is more of a major street then three chopt. And everyone in Richmond knows where Broad is out there not real Three Chopt.

I'm not sure where you're going with this but, maybe it's because of the closeness to broad and how broad is more of a major street then three chopt. And everyone in Richmond knows where Broad is out there not real Three Chopt.

I think the point is that it's not "downtown" nor is it a "town center." To suggest such is rather stomach-turning.

This is a construction update from West Broad Village :thumbsup:

Entrance to I-64, behind it is WBV

DSC02567.jpg

Trees being knocked down

DSC02570.jpg

DSC02571.jpg

The main section of WBV

DSC02572.jpg

DSC02573.jpg

DSC02574.jpg

Area where the house sill stand along with the barn and silo

DSC02575.jpg

DSC02576.jpg

DSC02577.jpg

DSC02578.jpg

DSC02579.jpg

Seperate devleopment from WBV, a corner shopping center is planned here

DSC02581.jpg

WBV certainly looks desolate in its present state. It's hard to imagine it at build-out with streets, shops, a hotel, condos, lakes and two or three 18-story high rises.

I don't suppose you have it in your prowess, Tommy, to post a map of the Broad Street Road corridor from, say, Gaskins Road to Rt. 288? It would clarify to our out-of-town friends the locations of Town Center West, SPTC, WBV, and Innsbrook. :)

PS: In my youth, we used to call that stretch Broad Street ROAD just as Cary Street has ROAD added to it west of the Beltline (Rt. 195).

WBV certainly looks desolate in its present state. It's hard to imagine it at build-out with streets, shops, a hotel, condos, lakes and two or three 18-story high rises.

I don't suppose you have it in your prowess, Tommy, to post a map of the Broad Street Road corridor from, say, Gaskins Road to Rt. 288? It would clarify to our out-of-town friends the locations of Town Center West, SPTC, WBV, and Innsbrook. :)

PS: In my youth, we used to call that stretch Broad Street ROAD just as Cary Street has ROAD added to it west of the Beltline (Rt. 195).

I messed up on it, Ill have the new one on in a sec :blush:

Here we go!

1236td.png

Key:

Light green - Towne Center West

Blue - SPTC

Red - WBV

Black - Innsbrook area

On the left, the black box - Route 288

On the right, the black box - Gaskins Road

Hope this helps!

Is the farm in one of those pics being demolished to make way for this project, or are they just selling part of their land?

The farm, is going to be demolished. They sold the whole property, got a great amount of money too. All that you seen in those pictures including the house, farm and trees will all be gone by the time they break ground.

Burt, my guess is 4.5 miles :D

Are they going to add an access ramp to the site from the 64 East entrance near Short Pump?

There might be, it would make sense to have an access ramp off the one they have there already. Kind of an exit off of an exit. It would reduce the amount of traffic on Broad.

Speaking of access ramps, does anyone know whether the new I295 flyover project will include the addition of an access ramp to the "downtown" short pump area directly from 295? As it is, anyone traveling to SPTC from 295 is forced to either go east on 64 and get off at Broad Street or west on 64 and get off at Broad Street via 288. The former route means dealing with almost certain congestion along Broad St. from 64 to SPTC. The latter is just really out of the way. As a former resident around the Staples Mill/295 interchange, I actually found it most convenient to travel through Twin Hickory and access Short Pump via Pouncey Tract. My point is that all of these options are inefficient and cause increased traffic and unnecessarily lengthened trip times. I feel like direct access from 295 would solve the problem for northern residents. Does anyone know whether this has been discussed by planners/vdot?

Welcome aboard, gntrphoo.

There is a plan to extend North Gayton Road from Broad to an interchange with I-64. It would provide access to SPTC from east or west I-64 to Town Center West (location of the upcoming new Hilton Hotel), thence via a new road in that development to the ring road and parking areas around SPTC.

When and if it is ever built is anyone's guess.

And that two-lane road with forests and farms surrounding it... where is it? It had like a general store and other stuff. :huh:

Oh and I hate the rerouted Three Chopt Rd. That is not THE Three Chopt.

Archived