Urban Music Village

GRDadof3

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't imagine something so monolithic as a data drop off center to mass production (in the "produced by" sense) being a new direction in music recording.

Understandable unless you look at it from the perpective like a "Kinko's", in the sense that tracking studios are, as we know, fairly (?) affordable, but Mixing/Mastering/Distribution are a different critter. In the same way Kinko's has allowed the average Joe to have the same printing resources as a Fortune 500 company, so might the model of regional tracking - centralized post/distribution

Again, I don't know that this is the project, but it really is a mind-boggling way of production workflow. I would think an artist might welcome an opportunity to track at thier leisure, have collaborators track at thier leisure and location, shoot the work over the wires to a producer/mixing/mastering engineeer to pull it together and have distribution a moment away.

Did WOODTV basically just admit they got the whole thing wrong?

No. I think it was more like, "Hey, we knew that. Don't think we didn't know that, a month ago. We're all over this. Just ask our sources...that we won't name."

When you freeze frame the story, you notice that Interscope isn't mentioned in the document they have, and it explains why they initially thought Minkin was the developer.

Also makes you wonder who was stealing Deb Shurlow's trash.

No. I think it was more like, "Hey, we knew that. Don't think we didn't know that, a month ago. We're all over this. Just ask our sources...that we won't name."

When you freeze frame the story, you notice that Interscope isn't mentioned in the document they have, and it explains why they initially thought Minkin was the developer.

Also makes you wonder who was stealing Deb Shurlow's trash.

Did the part they show list the address or the seller by chance?

I wonder if Floyd Mayweather has any ties to this?

http://www.allhiphop.com/hiphopnews/?ID=4643

Welcome to UP!

Hmmm....that's an interesting link. However, I can't imagine Mayweather has anywhere near enough clout in the music industry to be a driving force in the development. He's too good of a boxer to be any good at anything else. ;) (Remember when Shaq tried music and movies? :lol: )

wow... that was a lot to catch up on...

Can anyone possibly see Google working in a "search, storage, retrieval" mode for the music industry? I hear this "possible" Google office may only be 150 people or so (and could be unrelated to this music village). Maybe it's tied to the VAI/MSU thing :dontknow:

OK snoogit, now you're just in denial :P Did you read the article? The local PR agent all but confirmed it (as much as he could).

I know that localtalent has claimed that Google is not involved, but he doesn't was to play any of our reindeer games when I ask him direct questions.

Google Music Search

That is the beta for a music search that Google has been working on since at least the Fall of '05. They hope to have some kind of revenue generating feature built into it eventually. Right now, the most it will show is links to bands web sites, ways to search for lyrics, lists of releases and the like.

Funny thing this morning. A friend called me and asked if I had seen the Interscope rumor in the paper. "No, not yet... but I read about it at UPGR about 2 weeks ago. And the rumor got some traction about two days ago." My world revolves around UPGR. :wacko:

Oh! And I blogged about The Intersection this week and how it might need to relocate because of Project X. Check it out.

Maybe this is what people are referring to when they say this project might fizzle:

Sony's last days, anticipating bankruptcy

...regarding Sony's attempts to control piracy by inserting trojan "rootkits" in its latest CD's. Maybe the project was all a go, but these increasing lawsuits are causing some ripples throughout the company?

FWIW: localtalent, you're welcome to come back and rejoin us in the discussion. I think it would be short-sighted for us to assume you work for Lambert Edwards :dontknow:

Besides, I miss your biting humor :lol:

Anyone else find any leads in the meantime?

has anyone looked at my idea of a sony center (not meteon). I went to it in berlin germany. It consists of offices, restaurants, residential, cinemas, sony stores, other stores, there was a decent sized auditorium (where we saw blue man group) the cost for just the building itself was in the range of 850 million not to mention the surronding area.

has anyone looked at my idea of a sony center (not meteon). I went to it in berlin germany. It consists of offices, restaurants, residential, cinemas, sony stores, other stores, there was a decent sized auditorium (where we saw blue man group) the cost for just the building itself was in the range of 850 million not to mention the surronding area.

Nice looking place (although a bit hard to believe) :shades:

Sony Berlin

SonyBerlin.jpg

sony_Innen,method=main.JPG

luft060900-05-30a%20sony%20center%20berlin%20ft%20potsdamer%20platz.jpg

To answer the question why Grand Rapids?

If the project includes a new emerging artist incubator, GR makes sense.

Located between Detroit and Chicago,

the success of Van Andel ticket sales,

growing number of college students in the downtown area aka concert goers,

a large enough city to entertain, not too big to distract,

thirty minutes from the Lakeshore,

and all the other wonderful development projects planned for the area.

With all the money that goes into producing new artists, you need a place where they can efficiently get their work done. And then you send them off on the road....

I saw the Black Eyed Peas & Del three times in GR before they hit it big.

Would the late J Dilla or Al Green be involved in this? Maybe we should ask Jashod, JEI CEO about this....

-Triple G

^100% of thoes girls are nasty looking. Girls should just not go to a tanning booth, aparently orange pigment is the in look. ??? :dontknow:

I'm still on this Iceland thing, its quite a cool connection. What about Fjords? Dredge the Grand River deep?

Archived