BMW and Greenville

gs3

Was out this morning with friends and we spotted the new BMW X-5 all in stealth with body cladding and no emblems. Snapped a few photos below. This brought up a conversation about how much BMW contributes to our daily lives (above and beyond monetary). We were then going through ICAR and it was awash in multiple BMW's with the pink ribbons for The Ultimate Drive for Breast Cancer. (A highly important cause!)

The dealership on Laurens Road is all decked out in pink ribbons and pink balloons as the event is today (this weekend). Then we started talking about how the BMW Pro Am at the Cliffs is just a few weeks away, and of course with that the Red Carpet Walk of Fame in downtown Greenville in front of The Westin. (We should all be there snapping photos of our fav stars). Basically our conversation was how lucky we are to have such a great corporate citizen. They are THE model corporate citizen and they impact us each so much daily in ways we may not always realize! :thumbsup: Anyway, a few weblinks for the Pro Am and Walk of Fame, and then..........the SPY PICS!!!!!! :ph34r:

http://www.bmwusfactory.com/community/golf...83&strYear=2006

http://www.pgatour.com/tournaments/h037/schedule

CIMG4614.jpg

CIMG4616.jpg

CIMG4612.jpg

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for that gsupstate! :ph34r:

There is a gentleman in my neighborhood who is a higher-up in BMW. One day I spied this Z4 pulling in and it looked a bit different to me. As I saw it from the front, I thought it looked different because it had the optional hardtop. As it went by, I realized it was the unreleased coupe! I happened to have had my wife's Z3 running when he pulled in the neighborhood, so I jumped in and zipped over to his house. What a sweet car!!! Every once in a while I see it out on RT 101. :wub:

It certainly is kinda cool to see that new X5 out and about on Wade Hampton there! Thanks for snapping those pics and sharing them! :thumbsup:

It certainly is also very important to be reminded of what a great Corporate Citizen BMW is here in the Upstate. They have set the bar that I hope our government leaders are looking to meet each time they go out to lure a new prospective Corporation to the area. :thumbsup:

Ultimate Drive for the Cure

Thanks for that gsupstate! :ph34r:

There is a gentleman in my neighborhood who is a higher-up in BMW. One day I spied this Z4 pulling in and it looked a bit different to me. As I saw it from the front, I thought it looked different because it had the optional hardtop. As it went by, I realized it was the unreleased coupe! I happened to have had my wife's Z3 running when he pulled in the neighborhood, so I jumped in and zipped over to his house. What a sweet car!!! Every once in a while I see it out on RT 101. :wub:

Sweet! :D So NYT, do you get to do advance drives of new vehicles in development?

Sweet! :D So NYT, do you get to do advance drives of new vehicles in development?

I don't work for BMW, but I am a car guy at heart. I think I would definitely enjoy working there. It's funny, many people assume I do work there because my wife and I both drive BMW's. We don't get nice new program vehicles, I drive a 7 year old BMW and My wife drives a 10 year old BMW.

Actually, you have seen both of our cars, you just may not have known it. I think I pointed hers out in the homecoming photos, but mine has appeared in at least one photo of the day. :D I'll give you a hint, they are both RED.

I don't work for BMW, but I am a car guy at heart. I think I would definitely enjoy working there. It's funny, many people assume I do work there because my wife and I both drive BMW's. We don't get nice new program vehicles, I drive a 7 year old BMW and My wife drives a 10 year old BMW.

Actually, you have seen both of our cars, you just may not have known it. I think I pointed hers out in the homecoming photos, but mine has appeared in at least one photo of the day. :D I'll give you a hint, they are both RED.

:D OK, so we'll do a search in the photos of the day for a BMW.....I don't remember any.....hmmm. So the first one to find it wins........a BMW? :D

Here is a link to an article about how the Ultimate Drive went this weekend:

http://www.greenvilleonline.com/apps/pbcs....2/1001/ARCHIVES

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

They rolled out the final Gen1 X5 a few days ago. It will be placed in the Zentrum, assuming it has not already been placed there. The media conglomeration could be coming to find out news regarding a new model to be built at the plant, or like you said, the next edition X5s. I have no knowledge of facts in this cast though. :dontknow:

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived