Sam Goodies Leaving SC

xyhamiltonboi

Just to let you know. Sam Goody and Suncoast are closing the following stores in South Carolina

188 Sam Goody HAYWOOD MALL GREENVILLE SC 29607

723 Sam Goody COLUMBIA PLACE COLUMBIA SC 29223

4727 Sam Goody NORTHWOODS MALL CHARLESTON SC 29406

4734 Sam Goody WESTGATE MALL SPARTANBURG SC 29301

5177 Sam Goody RICHLAND MALL COLUMBIA SC 29204

3164 Suncoast COLUMBIANA CENTRE COLUMBIA SC 29212

3363 Suncoast HAYWOOD MALL GREENVILLE SC 29607

3627 Suncoast WESTGATE MALL SPARTANBURG SC 29301

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sam Goody just can't compete with stores like Best Buy and Circuit City who offer CDs and DVDs at far better prices. CDs at SG are on average $16-20. That is ridiculous, to say the least. I'm sure the Chas location at Northwoods Mall and Cola location at Cola Place can be used by another retailer. These closings are disappointing, but not unexpected, I have to say.

Just to let you know. Sam Goody and Suncoast are closing the following stores in South Carolina

ooh good to know (in a way) because last time a music store closed at the mall my music collection grew by leaps and bounds on the cheap - i don't normally shop at the mall (earshot please) for music but at the 1/2 price point what are you going to do

Hamilton, I just wonder why you felt the need to post this info in at least 3 different places??!! :wacko:

To hamilton, and everyone else- if an issue like this that clearly affects cities accross the state comes up again, please post it in the statewide section. Greenville, Spartanburg, Columbia, and Charleston do not need to have the same thread repeated. All of the previous threads merged together with no apparant loss of discussion order, which is not only cool, but its proof that we only needed one thread for this. So, it wasn't a big deal, but it could have saved me 10 minutes of work and rearranging.

Archived