Virginia Arts Festival Progress

tuffsim

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I don't like it.. Why did they need their own brand new building and take up so much space for this small building. They could have moved into Wells Fargo or the WTC or the Wainwright building or something..?

IMG01218.jpg?t=1267383094

I was trying to reserve judgement until they got the glass in, but the building doesn't really look like what was presented in the rendering. I agree, it does look smaller. Hopefully once they add the finishing touches things will get better.

• 2 months later...

It's not horrible.. but I just don't feel like it's the best use of space for the area. I think somewhere in Ghent would have been better.

Respectfully disagree. I think it blends nicely with Chrysler Hall and indeed has an urban feel. But that's just me.

• 7 months later...

they should have worked with the Wells Fargo Center. The WFC has a performing Arts Venue planned as a future phase at Bank and Charlotte. If they had worked together, WFC could have completed their block AND we would still have another space for development.

What other development? It is a miracle they got this little building in where it is. Nothing really lost here except a small parking lot or a 7-11

Archived