Baton Rouge Growth and Development

NCB

No details as of yet Dan. You will probably find-out as soon as I will. I have heard in the past Phase II looks to have 30-40- residential units with restaurants and maybe retail. Most all of this on the Third Street side and North Blvd, not sure about Convention Street?

A large group of City Leaders, including Kip Holden and A6 walked down Third Street yesterday afternoon to see what's going on and the future possibilities as well.

The Aloft Hotel looks very nice, IMO. It will fit in very nicely there near I-10. That design does seems to be somewhat generic though, at least right now. I know there's one exactly like it in Charlotte, and I believe I've seen the exact same design in Nashville as well. Though I'm not completely sure.

**Future Baton Rouge Skyline**

(not including future 25-30 story mixed-use tower on Advocate property)

(left) River Place- new 2nd tallest;(middle)Two City Plaza -new 5th??;(right)New Courthouse

brskyline1vm5.jpg

This was my first attempt to post computer artwork.

Two City Plaza will be a taller 17-story high-rise due to the vaulted penthouse/spire.

So this will impact the Skyline more than one might realize.

(left) River Place- new 2nd tallest;(middle)Two City Plaza -new 5th??;(right)New Courthouse

brskyline1vm5.jpg

Two City Plaza will be a taller 17-story high-rise due to the vaulted penthouse/spire.

I like it, Richy! Ir just shows how much of a difference these buildings will make. The taller portion of your skyline is essentially going to double and fill in.

Thanks Brian, I appreciate it. Just experimenting around a little, have never attempted on computer. I probably should have given this another try before posting. But it's just did give the idea; like you said the BR Skyline should be more up-to-par; a big-change... it's a shame $construction cost have gone thru the roof.

I can't wait to post some pics of some cranes; I'm a crane addict :silly:

Edited by richyb83

Has anyone else noticed the use of stone is becoming more widespread. Maybe it's just a few places, but it seems to be spreading.I can see using it on luxury apartments, but they're putting it on a Chick-fil-a and now a Taco Bell. But I guess when I think about it it does make the area look better so it's alright.

Has anyone else noticed the use of stone is becoming more widespread. Maybe it's just a few places, but it seems to be spreading.I can see using it on luxury apartments, but they're putting it on a Chick-fil-a and now a Taco Bell. But I guess when I think about it it does make the area look better so it's alright.

Stone is really starting to pick up everywhere, and I think it has to do with more companies going with "Earth tones" in their designs. The stone goes much better with Earth tones than brick. Sure you can color the bricks to whatever color you want, but the stone looks more natural.

Yuck.

It looks cheesy on residential developments nowadays. Granite is pretty cool for offices, though.

Yuck.

It looks cheesy on residential developments nowadays. Granite is pretty cool for offices, though.

It all depends on the stone choice, of course. Some of it looks extremely classy, while some... not so much. I hate when people mix ugly stone with ugly brick. I saw a house not too long ago that had 2 different colors of brick and 3 different colors and styles of stone. It was the cheesiest, most awful-looking thing I'd ever seen.

brskyline1vm5.jpg

I can't wait until these buildings are finally under construction!!! :D I'm like you Richy, I'm a crane addict also.

It all depends on the stone choice, of course. Some of it looks extremely classy, while some... not so much. I hate when people mix ugly stone with ugly brick. I saw a house not too long ago that had 2 different colors of brick and 3 different colors and styles of stone. It was the cheesiest, most awful-looking thing I'd ever seen.

Oh I love the stone. Around Austin it's really incredible. The stone looks clean, and it's not like the dirty, dark brown stone that was popular in the '70's.

I am surprised, though, to see stone in Louisiana. That's a little ludicrous.

Oh I love the stone. Around Austin it's really incredible. The stone looks clean, and it's not like the dirty, dark brown stone that was popular in the '70's.

I am surprised, though, to see stone in Louisiana. That's a little ludicrous.

That's just it... you're used to seeing it in really hilly or rocky places, but it's starting to take hold in other areas as well.

Here's an example of a stone that is becoming common in the Ark-La-Tex region. This is a pic from the really nice Stockwell Landing apartments in Bossier. Louisiana Boardwalk also uses this same kind of stone.

StockwellLanding.gif

Denham will really see new development. An invester just bought a large tract on I-12 at the new Juban interchange. Look for a lifestyle center there.

Yeah your right. They are buying huge chunks of land in that corridor. Along with the lifestyle center, a nice sized medical complex is in the works. The western Livingston triangle has been rapidly growing; from Denham Springs north to Watson(unincorporated) and Walker. Also a large golf community Greystone is being built off the southern part of Juban Road.

The Crescent at University Lake coming along nicely

Located on Stanford Ave. across from Baton Rouge Beach

snaphappy001lf5.jpg

Part of the Park at BR Beach

The condos actually stretch-out a great deal behind from in this pic

snaphappy003mv1.jpg

A view of the BR Skyline from the park/beach

snaphappy004gh4.jpg

You can see 4 high-rise towers from this view. The smaller Chase Tower(Riverside North)is harder to see

tightly wedged between Chase Bank Tower and One American Place. While the State Capitol stands mighty by itself.

*The new State Bldgs. are not quite tall enough to peak above the tree-line....

However Two City Plaza and RiverPlace will impact the skyline greatly and should easily be seen from this view once complete.

Progression Pics of new MAP Construction HQ's on 3rd Street (mixed-use floor level)

downtown055jy6.jpg

Renovations to the building included adding a 3rd floor with modern elements to the

existing facade.

snaphappy041tl0.jpg

Wow, it's looking cool. It's a little different to see something so modern atop such a historic building, but it doesn't look bad. It will just take some getting used to.

^They are going to paint the new part, right?Or is it already painted?

The Crescent at University Lake coming along nicely

Located on Stanford Ave. across from Baton Rouge Beach

snaphappy001lf5.jpg

Wow, the last time I saw these it was just the base.

Edited by dan326