Texarkana-Boom Town

bigboyz05

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Mith and Mcheiss! How's things been on the board? I haven't been here too much lately. I just graduated college and I'm looking for a job.

You know, Darius, I told you I was willing to help if you decided to look toward Shreveport. You also mentioned Little Rock, but Northwest Arkansas would also be a good place to look. To be quite honest, you'd probably have a better chance at finding something there than you would in Shreveport, Little Rock, or Texarkana.

Hey Mith and Mcheiss! How's things been on the board? I haven't been here too much lately. I just graduated college and I'm looking for a job.

A bit slow. Every once in a while things will pick up a little in the Little Rock or NWA forum for a little bit. But it's stayed pretty sloe on the general Arkansas forum unfortunately.

You know, Darius, I told you I was willing to help if you decided to look toward Shreveport. You also mentioned Little Rock, but Northwest Arkansas would also be a good place to look. To be quite honest, you'd probably have a better chance at finding something there than you would in Shreveport, Little Rock, or Texarkana.

Not sure what help I could provide if you decide to try out NWA but if there is anything let me know Darius.

In other news there's a chance Texarkana could get a new power plant built there. Swepco is building three new plants in the next 5 years. One will be at Shreveport one will be in NWA and the third site hasn't been set just yet. But it looks to be between either Texarkana or Hallsville, Tex. I never heard which side of Texarkana was being considered.

Since I'm closer to Shreveport, that will probably be the place I look first. I already sent out a couple of apps down there and haven't heard anything so I'm just gonna keep on trying. I'd like to stay in the Texarkana area. The city is growing but, the city isn't attracting the type of jobs I'm after. So, I may have to leave.

A bit slow. Every once in a while things will pick up a little in the Little Rock or NWA forum for a little bit. But it's stayed pretty sloe on the general Arkansas forum unfortunately.

Not sure what help I could provide if you decide to try out NWA but if there is anything let me know Darius.

[/quote

Do you know of what businesses are hiring for entry level office jobs or Administrative Assistant positions?

In other news there's a chance Texarkana could get a new power plant built there. Swepco is building three new plants in the next 5 years. One will be at Shreveport one will be in NWA and the third site hasn't been set just yet. But it looks to be between either Texarkana or Hallsville, Tex. I never heard which side of Texarkana was being considered.

According to today's Texarkana Gazette, they're looking at a site in Fulton, AR, just east of Texarkana. Fulton is right by the Red River off I-30. I pass it everytime I go through there.

http://www.texarkanagazette.com/articles/2...news/news02.txt

Weird it wouldn't let me reply to your post Darius. Anyway to be honest I'm not even sure what kind of job that is. But I wouldn't think it wouldn't be too hard to find a job up here. You've got some big companies in this area and a ridiculously low unemployment rate. I can understand you wanting to stick around your hometown. If the job search doesn't work out for you down in that area NWA really might be a good place for you to look.

Weird it wouldn't let me reply to your post Darius. Anyway to be honest I'm not even sure what kind of job that is. But I wouldn't think it wouldn't be too hard to find a job up here. You've got some big companies in this area and a ridiculously low unemployment rate. I can understand you wanting to stick around your hometown. If the job search doesn't work out for you down in that area NWA really might be a good place for you to look.

Ok thanks man! I'll be sure to do that.

Efforts to bring V.A. Hospital to Texarkana progress slowly

http://www.texarkanagazette.com/articles/2...news/news13.txt

That's awesome. It's about time Texarkana got more retail. And you're getting a Kohl's at the same time we're getting our first one, so that's saying a lot.

Yeah, I'm glad as well. On Jefferson Ave. north of I-30, a large shopping complex is in the early planning stages. I'm dying to know what stores are going in.

I know what you mean. I hate that interchange.

It's very dangerous, as is the I-30/Stateline interchange. Not to mention, those are some tight cloverleafs... they definitely need to be made longer so no one is slamming on their brakes on I-30 just to get off at either of them. And I'm so glad they'll be expanding the service roads, because with all the growth in the Richmond area, they need it now.

It's very dangerous, as is the I-30/Stateline interchange. Not to mention, those are some tight cloverleafs... they definitely need to be made longer so no one is slamming on their brakes on I-30 just to get off at either of them. And I'm so glad they'll be expanding the service roads, because with all the growth in the Richmond area, they need it now.

Most definitely! I wish Richmond Road could be widened to 6 lanes. That would cut down on the grid lock a good deal. With the new university starting construction, Richmond will have even more traffic.

Local Airport Flying High

http://www.texarkanagazette.com/articles/2...news/news02.txt