Texarkana-Boom Town

bigboyz05

It is amazing just how stupid people are. Even up here in NWA they find people every single day breaking the burn ban. Seeing all the fires and destruction in Oklahoma and Texas doesn't phase people at all apparently.

I know what you mean! Just this morning my neighbor was burning wood in his back yard! Some people will never learn.

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After Katrina, when there was no power, debris down everywhere, extremely dry, and almost no communications, someone living about 1/4 of a mile away from me broke the burn ban. In the end he burned nearly his entire yard of 1 1/2 acres, and nearlyset his house on fire, after he threw diesel not only on the high pile of debris, but all around the debris as well, hoping that it would burn faster. -_-

Oh and heres another example of how stupid some people can be.

Starting about 4 days after Katrina passed, some idiot living in Washington Parish, which is north of Saint Tammany, drove around the parish setting the then extremely dry forests and debris on fire. This went on for a week, and after all kinds of houses, buildings, forests, and debris were completely burned down, he was caught by state troopers. He then said that he did it because he thought it would speed up the rebuilding process. :rolleyes:

Imagine that, your house and property survives one of the worst natural disasters ever to happen to the U.S., and then some moron comes along and burns everything down. :angry:

Edited by NCB

It is amazing just how stupid people are. Even up here in NWA they find people every single day breaking the burn ban. Seeing all the fires and destruction in Oklahoma and Texas doesn't phase people at all apparently.

Just Yesterday, Washington County responded to 12 Wildfires, all caused by people burning.

After Katrina, when there was no power, debris down everywhere, extremely dry, and almost no communications, someone living about 1/4 of a mile away from me broke the burn ban. In the end he burned nearly his entire yard of 1 1/2 acres, and nearlyset his house on fire, after he threw diesel not only on the high pile of debris, but all around the debris as well, hoping that it would burn faster. -_-

That dude's a dumba$$! He could of burnt down half the city.

Well guys the burn ban is back on down here in Saint Tammny Parish. There has been very little rain in the past few weeks and it is very dry. And in the rural areas, there is debris from trees everywhere, which does not mix well with the dry land and fire.

Well guys the burn ban is back on down here in Saint Tammny Parish. There has been very little rain in the past few weeks and it is very dry. And in the rural areas, there is debris from trees everywhere, which does not mix well with the dry land and fire.

Yeah if you're curious about some of the fire news there's a topic for it.

http://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=19832

Edited by Mith242

What I want to know is why isn't Little River County included in the Texarkana Metro? A lot of people from that county come here to shop and do business everyday. SRT a company located in Ashdown will be moving here soon. I'm quite sure a lot of those people who are working there now will be willing to commute to Texarkana to work and that is yet another reason why that county should be added to our metro. Another county that should be added is Cass County on the Texas side. Development has occurred along Hwy 59 nearly to the Cass County line. On top of that many people come here to work, shop, take care of business or go to school. Texarkana's metro consists of Bowie County (Texas) and Miller County (Arkansas) with a population of about 133,000. If Little River County (Arkansas) population 15,000 and Cass County (Texas) population 31,000 were added our metro would have a population of close to 180,000.

What I want to know is why isn't Little River County included in the Texarkana Metro? A lot of people from that county come here to shop and do business everyday. SRT a company located in Ashdown will be moving here soon. I'm quite sure a lot of those people who are working there now will be willing to commute to Texarkana to work and that is yet another reason why that county should be added to our metro. Another county that should be added is Cass County on the Texas side. Development has occurred along Hwy 59 nearly to the Cass County line. On top of that many people come here to work, shop, take care of business or go to school. Texarkana's metro consists of Bowie County (Texas) and Miller County (Arkansas) with a population of about 133,000. If Little River County (Arkansas) population 15,000 and Cass County (Texas) population 31,000 were added our metro would have a population of close to 180,000.

I can't say for certain. I think over half of those counties you mentioned would have to work there to be considered part of the metro.

This I definately dont understand. Many of my family members living in Little River County work in Texarkana, and go there very often to shop.

This I definately dont understand. Many of my family members living in Little River County work in Texarkana, and go there very often to shop.

The only explanation I could think of is that it's not quite 50%. But I admit I don't know that area at all. But that's the way it usually works.

Also, the north loop will cross within a few miles of the Little River County line with an exit at Hwy 71. With the future development that is anticipated at this crossing, I think it will change the whole dynamics of that area and the chances of L.R. County becoming part of the metro will only get greater. You know what's so strange is that L.R. County was once part of the metro. My grandmother owned a set of encyclopedias from the sixties and I looked up Texarkana and it showed L.R. as one of the counties included in the metro. Maybe more people commuted from that county back then.

Hot Springs man to bring commercial development to Arkansas side.

http://www.texarkanagazette.com/articles/2...news/news08.txt

The Texas side is dry and these people were getting signatures to allow the sale of beer and wine in Texas side convenience and grocery stores. Anyway this other group called OneTexarkana said if this happens the social and economic impacts will be devastating and will contribute to the city's downfall. When I heard that I was like are these people for real?

Hot Springs man to bring commercial development to Arkansas side.

http://www.texarkanagazette.com/articles/2...news/news08.txt

The Texas side is dry and these people were getting signatures to allow the sale of beer and wine in Texas side convenience and grocery stores. Anyway this other group called OneTexarkana said if this happens the social and economic impacts will be devastating and will contribute to the city's downfall. When I heard that I was like are these people for real?

So the Arkansas side is wet but the Texas side dry?

So the Arkansas side is wet but the Texas side dry?

Yeah. On Sunday the Arkansas side doesn't sell any alcoholic beverages so some people go as far away as Domino, Tx, which is a very small town off of Hwy 59 in Cass County about 16 miles south of Texarkana, in order to get alcohol. Why they just don't wait until Monday is beyond me.

Yeah. On Sunday the Arkansas side doesn't sell any alcoholic beverages so some people go as far away as Domino, Tx, which is a very small town off of Hwy 59 in Cass County about 16 miles south of Texarkana, in order to get alcohol. Why they just don't wait until Monday is beyond me.

In some ways it's the same up here. I hear of people from Fayetteville driving all the way to Missouri to buy alcohol on Sunday. Of course I know people in Benton County do it all the time but at least they're a little closer. But anyway guess I never realized that the Texas side of Texarkana was dry. Do the restaurants on the Texas side have 'memberships' so that they can sell alcohol? Or maybe that's more of an Arkansas thing in some of our dry counties.

In some ways it's the same up here. I hear of people from Fayetteville driving all the way to Missouri to buy alcohol on Sunday. Of course I know people in Benton County do it all the time but at least they're a little closer. But anyway guess I never realized that the Texas side of Texarkana was dry. Do the restaurants on the Texas side have 'memberships' so that they can sell alcohol? Or maybe that's more of an Arkansas thing in some of our dry counties.

Yeah. I know that Chili's does because some people go there for drinks drinks after class.