Kuwait Projects, Developments, and Updates

mcheiss

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 8 months later...

This proposal for a futuristic self contained city, located in Fahaheel just outside of Kuwait City, incorporates just about every bit of infrastructure you could dream of, ranging from hotels, retail, and residential units, to leisure facilities, hospitals and educational establishments. The pioneering 32-storey design, which pushes the boundaries of modernism, also features an undercover walkway designed with new technology to keep temperature cool and stretches from one side of the city to the other.

Designhive, an architectural visualisation agency based in Surrey & Central London, was brought on board to create the branding identity of the city and create a series of stills and animations to present to the government of Kuwait and potential investors. The company

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Al Sharq Tower, Kuwait City, Kuwait

Monday 29 Jan 2007

845alsharqwanwebkl4ov9.jpg

A benchmark Kuwait office development, short listed for prestigious award

An Atkins Bahrain project, the Al Sharq office complex, has been short listed for the 2007 MIPIM Architectural Review Future Projects Award - Offices category. The 180m tower will cover an area of 56,400sq.m. Commissioned by Al Mar & Aqar, the complex combines work and leisure, internal and outside spaces, and offers a variety of scenarios for business within a sustainable and environmentally responsible design. Hovering above a glass fronted entrance is a podium with a sky garden food court. Office spaces are hung from a pairing of parallel blades topped at roof level with a gym, spa, health club and pool. Floating above this pool deck is a suspended high-panoramic views. Solar panel cladding contributes to the green building

• 2 months later...

Client: Confidential

Features:5-star hotel ,apartment tower and retail complex

Build-up area: 150,000 sqm

Hight/Floors: Unknown/Unknown

start/complete: Unknown/Unknown

mixedusedevelopmentig5.jpg

mixedusedevelopment2ob0.jpg

mixedusedevelopment3ci7.jpg

www.atkinsdesign.com

Client: Kuwait National Real Estate

Project Type: Office Building

Engineering Consultants: Dar Saleh Al-Qallaf

Build-up area: 25,000 sqm

nrecwe5.jpg

Client: National Bank of Kuwait

Project Type: Office Building

Engineering Consultants: Dar Saleh Al-Qallaf

Build-up area: 85,000 sqm

nbkku1.jpg

• 4 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Waw...it's been a long time no one "updated" on the new projects in Kuwait! ;p

Well maybe because almost none of the projects finished...;) or are tooooooo slow...:).

I just wanted to say few things regarding the projects and all the nice stuff...It's like living in dreams. Kuwait is not Dubai. Kuwait doesn't have the ambition of Dubai or Qatar. Kuwait doesn't have the "speed" of completion compared to Dubai or Qatar. So for these projects to be done and see Kuwait as on 3dMax programs or other graphic design ones, we won't be alive...(lived in Kuwait more than 15 years and came back again now).

Everyone gets excited as if Kuwait was not recognisable...Few new buildings (specially in Kuwait City), few new malls (The Avenues and almost 360 degrees). But the rest? Nothing. I saw pictures of projects that dated more than 6-7 years ago...so I expected them to be finished or at least started! Hehe...nothing :/.

I won't argue more...Because i really hope that one day, Kuwait will be nicer so that it can compete "a bit" with its neighbors. I'll just add one last thing that, in my opinion, is fundamental nowadays...specially surrounded by Bahrain, Qatar and Dubai: i'm sorry to say this...but all these nice projects including resorts, islands, skyscrapers, shopping malls etc..if you can't have a nice glass of whisky or a nice cold beer, all this is crap. I drink once in a while when traveling...so not addicted at all! But it's reality :)...to compete with others, you must first see what others have that you don't...so they can build 100000 amazing buildings and resorts...but without alcohol...i guess the value will be 100000 less than one amazing building in Qatar or Dubai :).

Good luck...