Richmond in Pictures II

wrldcoupe4

• Replies 820
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Tommy for the pics! They were great! I'm waiting for the PM research building to get taller and taller! I'm liking what I see thus far. Vistas is going sloooooooooow...get some steel up for goodness sakes already!! Can't wait for Centennial Towers to go up! So much to look forward to! :w00t:

Your pics are superb, Tommy. Thank you for them. Questions and comments:

what is the high rise in Picture #3 with St. James in the background? It looks like the location of Stuart Circle Hospital Apartments, but I don't remember a high/mid rise there.

Have tenants moved into Park Plaza at Belvidere and Franklin?

Really like the business district picture of 9th and Main!

And I don't care what anybody else says, I Like pictures with people on the sidewalks. I realize these were taken Sunday morning before 12Noon, but do old Uncle Burt a favor in future shots and show some life in a few of your fotos.

:)

Yeah, I think thats the apartments you were talking about, the building is curved in the front and it looks like its been renovated.

The Park plaza still looks under construction, I think it will open sometime in the spring.

And the next ones Ill take will be more sidewalk pedestrian pictures! :thumbsup:

Your pics are superb, Tommy. Thank you for them. Questions and comments:

what is the high rise in Picture #3 with St. James in the background? It looks like the location of Stuart Circle Hospital Apartments, but I don't remember a high/mid rise there.

Have tenants moved into Park Plaza at Belvidere and Franklin?

Really like the business district picture of 9th and Main!

And I don't care what anybody else says, I Like pictures with people on the sidewalks. I realize these were taken Sunday morning before 12Noon, but do old Uncle Burt a favor in future shots and show some life in a few of your fotos.

:)

I was on east Broad and east Marshall yesterday between 9th and 14th and I wanted to go yesterday because it was so cold, no one would be out. Well there were some people, but it was great to have the sidewalks all to myself! The traffic was steady though. Unfortunately I got cars in some pics... and I know you like people burt... but people do nothing for me! HAHA well, sometimes the camera can be a blessing and chase people away. Yesterday on 12 there was a kid on a skateboard. I wasn't trying to take a picture of him but he kept going back in forth in front of the building I wanted, George Ren Johnson Auditorium. And I noticed this man in a minivan in front of the same building watching me/ After I took the pic and walked across the street to the side the kid was on so I could get the opposite side, somone in the minivan called him inside and they drove off. Now why do I have the feeling I made them drive off? No one had gone into or come out of the building. Folks, I don't want your kids! Essssh.

Anyway 234 pics yesterday before I ran out of batteries... I didn't take enough with me... And to think 6 batteries would be enough.

Must be an expensive proposition taking all those pictures and having to buy new batteries all the time.

When I say I like people on the streets in fotos, I don't mean an individual or two. Only when streets are bustling with pedestrian traffic. Shots like that give a sense of vibrancy to a city, I think. On the Skyscraper forum, there is a person who takes lots of pictures of downtown Raleigh and I'm always impressed with the "vibrancy" of pedestrian traffic in his shots.

Is the 3rd of March one of the "big 0" birthdays when a person enters a new decade? :)

Archived