Restaurant Development in NW Arkansas

mcheiss

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh yeah something else I keep forgetting to mention since the Arkansas and NWA forums have been rather busy. I finally tried out Oseguera's Mexican Steakhouse here in Fayetteville. A pretty interesting place. Not sure if I'd call it upscale like some of the other Mexican places I've heard about in other states. It may not look as fancy as Abuelo's in Rogers but it does have some upscale food. I even noticed some lobster on the menu, although there also appears to be some more of the usualy Mexican food you tend to expect there also. Next time I'll have to try some of the more usual dishes to compare it with other Mexican places. I ended up having some sort of bacon wrapped shrimp with some sort of different cocktail sauce. Although I had hoped the cocktail sauce would have been a little spicier. The refried beans that came with the dish seemed a lot better quality than you see in most Mexican restaurants. It also came with what I'd associate more as a 'southwestern' type rice than the usual 'Mexican' rice. I was also really impressed with my mango margarita. It tasted like they had put a fresh mango in the blender to make it. But as I said before I'd like to try some more of the usual type food that you see other Mexican restaurants have around here before I compare it to other restaurants very much.

I ate at on the Border this past week, and I 'd have to say their steak Fajitas are pretty good. They aren't as good as Abuelos but they were pretty good.

I think I will also have to try Oseguera's sometime, but I don't know where it is in Fayetteville.

Well Matt all you have to do is ask. :D I don't know if you're very familiar with Fayetteville. It's on College Ave, not too far north of Fiesta Square. It's almost across the street from the Flying Burrito location on College also. I could mention some other nearby locations but not sure if you'd be familiar with any of them. If you want to look on Google Earth or something it's about opposite where Harold St starts going east off of College Ave. I've had On the Border's fajitas and yes they are pretty good. Their meats seems to have a nice mesquite flavor to them. Their margaritas are pretty good too. If you have any other questions about the location let me know.

Cool, would you recommend La Huerta or Oseguera's?

Both! :D It's hard for me to say. I've only been to Oseguera's once. I'd say if you want something a little more upscale type food probably Oseguera's. But La Huerta really is a well known great place to eat what you'd probably call more general food that many Mexican restaurants serve around here. I'd also suggest trying some margaritas at both places. :D Try one out then when you get the chance come back and try the other.

Last weekend I finally took a pic of Powerhouse. It's near Dickson St but a little way off the beaten path. It's been known as one of the big seafood places in Fayetteville for years. But I've been hearing some rumors of them having some problems. I should have tried getting a shot with all the powerlines and such to the left of the building. If you can't tell from the name it's housed in an old power station.

img5935s2md.jpg

I guess it depends on what your personal idea of walking distance is. :D It's a little ways off Dickson but not too much. I don't think it's too bad. But I'm also the guy who'll park in one location and walk all over downtown Fayetteville taking pics. :lol:

The Crane is about the size of the one at the Mercy Health Hospital Construction Site.

I'm a bit surprised they brought in such a big crane for the job. But I think they made it clear to the contruction crew that the building had to be built on time no matter what. So I guess they're taking it pretty seriously.

I'm a bit surprised they brought in such a big crane for the job. But I think they made it clear to the contruction crew that the building had to be built on time no matter what. So I guess they're taking it pretty seriously.

That could mean that the Renaissance Project and the Underwoods Plaza could have large cranes as well.

That could mean that the Renaissance Project and the Underwoods Plaza could have large cranes as well.

Yeah I'm pretty sure with the size of the renaissance Tower that it will have to have a big crane. And considering that the Lofts at Underwood Plaza appear to be a larger project than the Legacy Building I imagine it's a good chance with it too. I'm just wondering if they might have all three cranes out at once.

Archived