Ocean View Development

willy

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think it looks good. It's only a one building development, the one you show, so how could it look suburban (which I assume in context is a bad thing) and show promise at the same time, lol? 9 townhouses and 45 condos on a smallish lot like that doesn't sound suburban to me! Of course, it's for old people anyways, so no soup for you!!!

And for proof if you do not feel like digging your way through the rest of the pdf

suburban.jpg

So since we're splitting hairs I will say this rendering has a more suburban look to its style of architecture as opposed to the other, more detailed rendering, which takes an overall view of the entire project, which to me looks promising if they follow that concept through. Hopefully It's a little more clear what I was referring to now. :thumbsup:

And for proof if you do not feel like digging your way through the rest of the pdf

So since we're splitting hairs I will say this rendering has a more suburban look to its style of architecture as opposed to the other, more detailed rendering, which takes an overall view of the entire project, which to me looks promising if they follow that concept through. Hopefully It's a little more clear what I was referring to now. :thumbsup:

I lived in West Ocean View for five years after living in Ghent for ten. I think there's a big difference between the actual situation and the perception. There are definitly the remnants of some undesirable elements but saying that it's rampant with filth is in my view inaccurate. Pockets of poverty yes, but rampant with filth no.

I lived in West Ocean View for five years after living in Ghent for ten. I think there's a big difference between the actual situation and the perception. There are definitly the remnants of some undesirable elements but saying that it's rampant with filth is in my view inaccurate. Pockets of poverty yes, but rampant with filth no.

And where does it go when it is pushed out of Ocean View? Little Creek Road? It's a lot like squeezing a balloon. I'm not advocating leaving it be, but I just hope that we think of how to channel the seedy stuff, cause it can't all go on-line, and it will probably go somewhere.

(OVgman @ Mar 1 2007, 10:31 AM) *

• 2 months later...

Shoals on hold due to Judy Boone illness

Boone put the lots up for sale on Tuesday and acknowledges he's "just fishing" to see what offers might come his way. So far, he said, he's gotten no bites.

He said he likely won't agree to sell any lots unless 50 percent of them sell.

"If that happens, then we'll move the hotel project more towards the pier," he said.

He also would raise the height of the project, from eight stories to 10 or more.

He said in spite of her illness, his wife continues to sell real estate.

"Judy's running the real estate firm from her bedside," he said. "She talks to her sales agents every morning and every evening."

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I saw a sign with a rendering on it in OV yesterday for "Pretty lake Village" , not to be confused with pretty lake villas or that other pretty lake project that Gadams was pursuing (I wish they'd choose some different names :rolleyes: ) I passed by rather quickly but from what I could see the rendering looked pretty good. I'll try to get a little more info later.

Ok, nevermind. I found it in the P&C thread. The rendering I have posted though is far different from the rendering they had on site. I'll probably wind up making a separate thread for the project shortly.

• 1 month later...

There is development working it's way through the planning commission now that has been dormant for over a year. I don't remember the particulars of it but I do remeber posting something from the design review docket. It's in east OV and as I recall was high density residential. Something to watch. Also, it appears that Steve Coplons project is working its way through planning as well. That one had also been dormant for about a year. Perhaps market conditions are changing somewhat? It's odd to suddenly see movement out of OV. :dontknow:

post-769-1186588465_thumb.jpg

post-769-1186588465_thumb.jpg

There were a couple of recent articles in the pilot on Ocean View. They highlighted the beating that happened there a few nights ago. The gist of it was that there are a lot of people who are scared and frustrated. They feel like they dropped some coin to buy a house, but there is still a good bit of criminal activity. Many of them are trying to sell their homes, but they can't seem to move them. Did anyone else read this?

I kind of find it amazing that people are so surprised that there is still crime in East Ocean View. Did they think that all the new development would guarantee 100% safety and would totally erase Ocean View's seamier past? I hope the people who bought homes in the Ocean View area mostly stay put and fight to make thier neighborhood better versus moving back to the suburbs. Crime happens everywhere as recent events at the Va. Beach Oceanfront have pointed out. People who have invested so much in their neighborhood should stand and fight to make the area safer and better. I live in a border line area of DC that has seen in recent weeks about 3 murders. Instead of people pulling up stakes and leaving our area continues to attract buyers who spruce up old homes and continue to make SW DC better.

• 1 month later...

Archived