Sprindale Minor League Sports Complex and Minor League Baseball Stadium

mcheiss

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ah, yeah. That makes sense.

I've been to that AA park and it's really nice, much nicer than it looks like the new parks in Springdale and NLR will be. Perhaps it's just the lower cost of construction materials when it was built. It's simply gorgeous. All of the signage, etc makes it look like it was built circa 1900.

Ah, yeah. That makes sense.

I've been to that AA park and it's really nice, much nicer than it looks like the new parks in Springdale and NLR will be. Perhaps it's just the lower cost of construction materials when it was built. It's simply gorgeous. All of the signage, etc makes it look like it was built circa 1900.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay let's see if I can get some activity going while Matt and Mike are busy elsewhere. More info is slowly coming out on the stadium. I think most of us have heard a nature theme will be used. There's talk of using a lot of lumber and stone. They're also trying to keep that area as untouched as possible. But they will have to fill in a pond that will eventually be the outfield. Not sure when more renderings will be released. Sounds like they'll try to finalize the renderings later this month.

It's not really. But for some reason it irks me a bit. Guess it's because I'm not Baptist. I was raised Lutheran and we don't have any problems with drinking, as long as it's done in moderation. Just like most other things. Even food works that way. But anyway, having a 'family-oriented' area probably isn't a bad idea. Although I haven't heard of too many problems in other sports arenas/fields having kids around.

It's just going to hurt concessions which is what Springdale actually makes their money back on since ticket sales mostly will go to the Riches. On the surface it doesn't sound bad but it all depends on how the seating's arranged. Most adults that go to minor league baseball games want to have a beer. It can get a bit dull otherwise and games at Ray Winder never got "rowdy".

They're probably talking about a family section where alcohol won't be permitted. I like the idea as I'd hate to have some guy sitting behind us with beer breath yelling and spitting over my son. I like a beer too and if I want one I'll just have to enjoy it at the concession area or the bar. Most likely there will be a restaurant/bar overlooking the the ball field.

Archived