Sprindale Minor League Sports Complex and Minor League Baseball Stadium

mcheiss

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Has the design of the ballpark changed? And my big question is does the architect HOK even know how to build a ballpark for less than $400 Million???

Furthermore, when is Wichita going to start acting like they're losing the Wranglers? It's one thing to deny it's happening, but they should at least make mention of it on their website. I guess if they pretend it's not really happening then it won't.

BTW, Wranglers official team jackets are on sale for 25% off! They should make quite the novelty in 2 years.

Has the design of the ballpark changed? And my big question is does the architect HOK even know how to build a ballpark for less than $400 Million???

Furthermore, when is Wichita going to start acting like they're losing the Wranglers? It's one thing to deny it's happening, but they should at least make mention of it on their website. I guess if they pretend it's not really happening then it won't.

BTW, Wranglers official team jackets are on sale for 25% off! They should make quite the novelty in 2 years.

It seems interesting that you say that. A few weeks ago I was watching a commercial about Wichita which mentioned as part of it its attraction the professional sports and showed something about baseball. I can't remember exactly how it went, but I remember analyzing to figure out if they meant something else besides their departing baseball team and it didn't appear that way at all. Anyways, more of a mystery is why and where I saw a commercial about Wichita.

It seems interesting that you say that. A few weeks ago I was watching a commercial about Wichita which mentioned as part of it its attraction the professional sports and showed something about baseball. I can't remember exactly how it went, but I remember analyzing to figure out if they meant something else besides their departing baseball team and it didn't appear that way at all. Anyways, more of a mystery is why and where I saw a commercial about Wichita.

I just think Wichita should be playing it up to be the Wranglers last seaon in Wichita. It couldn't hurt an already poor attendance record. I would think if they started giving away Wranglers souvenirs at each game and encouraged residents to give the Wranglers a big farewell season it could make the transition smoother. They are the best team in the Texas League going strictly by their seasonal record and they're moving to Springdale is deserving of recognition instead of just being ignored.

I can't remember what the budget is for the ballpark, but the city did get approved for $25 Million for the development. They can do a lot with $25 Million, but if it's just $10 Million for the ballpark it will be pretty plain and boring. There isn't a really nice ballpark anywhere that was built for less than $20 Million.

It's interesting that Springdale has more money to build a 6000 seat outdoor baseball facility than Talley does to build the 9000 seat indoor arena. I wonder if that will reflect the quality of both projects - i.e. the baseball park will be first rate and the arena a bit plain and generic.

The Springdale Ballpark total cost is estimated to be $50 Million. Originally the Springdale Ballpark was going to cost $10 Million, then it doubled, then it doubled again. The ballpark figure stands at $40 Million, not including land costs. For $40 Million we better be getting a fantastic ballpark, because San Fransisco is building a fantastic $22 Million ballpark!

Talley stated he would be building a $55 Million arena in Rogers.

Archived