Sprindale Minor League Sports Complex and Minor League Baseball Stadium

mcheiss

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a good drawing, but doesn't seem right for a minor league team. Seems a bit dark, IMO. I would imagine that the owners would want a mascot that has color to it, to try and attract more people. I think Pork is onto something. May'be the Springdale Royals isn't so bad. It would attract more people b/c people know who the Kansas City Royals are and would feel more like a minor league team and not an independant team. Besides, the Springdale Royals doesn't sound bad at all.

It's a good drawing, but doesn't seem right for a minor league team. Seems a bit dark, IMO. I would imagine that the owners would want a mascot that has color to it, to try and attract more people. I think Pork is onto something. May'be the Springdale Royals isn't so bad. It would attract more people b/c people know who the Kansas City Royals are and would feel more like a minor league team and not an independant team. Besides, the Springdale Royals doesn't sound bad at all.

Anyone not like the design of the stadium? You'll have your change to discuss the design for the Springdale Stadium with the architects in November. Springdale and HOK will hold a public meeting next week. HOK plans to present an overview of their design process, then take suggestions and comments from attendees at the meetings. Two sessions are planned for public comments. The first meeting will be at 6 p.m. on Thursday at the Arts Center of the Ozarks. The second meeting will be from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Friday at the council chambers in the City Administration Building. Sounds like a good time to tell HOK that the chicken buildings have to go.

Anyone not like the design of the stadium? You'll have your change to discuss the design for the Springdale Stadium with the architects in November. Springdale and HOK will hold a public meeting next week. HOK plans to present an overview of their design process, then take suggestions and comments from attendees at the meetings. Two sessions are planned for public comments. The first meeting will be at 6 p.m. on Thursday at the Arts Center of the Ozarks. The second meeting will be from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Friday at the council chambers in the City Administration Building. Sounds like a good time to tell HOK that the chicken buildings have to go.

The "green and rock" was just a resident's opinion who was polled about it, though I like it. It didn't say that was part of the design. I just hope they get away from the "chickenhouse" design.

There will be a lot more going on now that the club has a GM, he'll be involved in making a lot of announcements and getting input from the community.

I guess I'm jsut trying to imagine what 'green and rock' would look like. I know this might sound way out there, but I'm trying to imagine something reminiscent of something that E Fay Jones would do. I'm not saying try to make it look like Thorncrown Chapel, but maybe try to make it look something like he might design. I think that would be a good reflection for this area.

I guess I'm jsut trying to imagine what 'green and rock' would look like. I know this might sound way out there, but I'm trying to imagine something reminiscent of something that E Fay Jones would do. I'm not saying try to make it look like Thorncrown Chapel, but maybe try to make it look something like he might design. I think that would be a good reflection for this area.

Archived