Sprindale Minor League Sports Complex and Minor League Baseball Stadium

mcheiss

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Crap I agree with you there those early names some of you guys came up with are much better than those. Come on does someone really think we're going to call them the Gentry-Decatur anythings. Those twons did absolutely nothing and paid nothing so we're going to name the team after them. :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

Did anyone see where the Springdale Planning Commission invited property owners from around the baseball stadium to disucss how to improve the area? There's already been a lot of talk from developers about developing near the stadium. One landowner even said that he was approached by developers who want to build a baskeball arena off Arkansas 112!!! Just what we need, another arena. Anyway, the commission agreed that 56th street, which is the street the stadium will be on, needs to be widened to 5 lanes to help accomidate future traffic not just for the stadium and sports complex, but to keep up with growth.

Okay, I've merged the two together. The only bad thing that came with this is that the thread appears under my name, even though KJW had a thread devoted to it, sorry. I hope that everyone can please keep all discussions related to this development in this thread, or the Major Northwest Arkansas Construction threads. Also, the view count is down, but we can all get it back up if we start looking at the thread a whole bunch. :D

Since a Springdale team really won't be taken seriously they should name the team something silly like Springdale Cluckers. It might actually make baseball fans more interested in them since Springdale already has the reputation for being a chicken town. Any other names might make Springdale seem ashamed of its heritage.

Since a Springdale team really won't be taken seriously they should name the team something silly like Springdale Cluckers. It might actually make baseball fans more interested in them since Springdale already has the reputation for being a chicken town. Any other names might make Springdale seem ashamed of its heritage.

What do mean a Springdale team won't be taken seriously? I don't see how a Texas League team wouldn't be taken seriously. I'm also pretty positive they won't use a name like that. Springdale is wanting to use this as a chance to get it's name out there and to try to improve it's image.

What do mean a Springdale team won't be taken seriously? I don't see how a Texas League team wouldn't be taken seriously. I'm also pretty positive they won't use a name like that. Springdale is wanting to use this as a chance to get it's name out there and to try to improve it's image.

I guess it's because noone would even know where Springdale is, whereas without even thinking about it most people know where Wichita is. I guess that may actually work in Springdale's favor since noone would really know anything about it's poultry industry unless they're from this area. Springdale is just such a newcomer to sports when most, if not all, other cities with minor league sports have a history of sports.

If the name has anything to do with the poultry industry I will be extremely pissed. Im proud of Springdale and NWA, and when I buy a custom hat I want to represent my home town with pride, so I deffinately dont want a damn chicken or an egg on it. Besides, no one would buy merch if they did that.

If the name has anything to do with the poultry industry I will be extremely pissed. Im proud of Springdale and NWA, and when I buy a custom hat I want to represent my home town with pride, so I deffinately dont want a damn chicken or an egg on it. Besides, no one would buy merch if they did that.

I hear ya on that! I was kinda fond of the Rochester Red Wings with their cardinal mascot, Spikes. He definitely ain't no chicken! I guess any decent name would work for Springdale, but I was hoping for one that could be fun yet respectable at the same time. I don't like Diamonds or Diamondbacks because they just seem kinda boring. Birds are too common too. I just can't think of anything that would really scream SPRINGDALE other than chickens and I'm not trying to be mean about it. I tried promoting the rodeo by coming up with the Springdale Stampede a while back, but it got shot down. I could imagine a horse mascot with a cowboy hat and six-shooters.

I hear ya on that! I was kinda fond of the Rochester Red Wings with their cardinal mascot, Spikes. He definitely ain't no chicken! I guess any decent name would work for Springdale, but I was hoping for one that could be fun yet respectable at the same time. I don't like Diamonds or Diamondbacks because they just seem kinda boring. Birds are too common too. I just can't think of anything that would really scream SPRINGDALE other than chickens and I'm not trying to be mean about it. I tried promoting the rodeo by coming up with the Springdale Stampede a while back, but it got shot down. I could imagine a horse mascot with a cowboy hat and six-shooters.

Archived