Sprindale Minor League Sports Complex and Minor League Baseball Stadium

mcheiss

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's possible the Ewings were based on a real family, but how many billionaire oil tycoon families are there in Texas? A lot, but none anyone has ever heard of anyway. My guess is the Ewings were based on a generic Texas billionaire family. I'm not sure which family Dynasty was based on and I never even understood how they were so wealthy, but I was too young to really care. Anyway, it was just a thought and may just have come from my wife subjecting me to so many daytime soaps. I could relate more to a soap based on a real family, especially one that has a bad rap because of the company their name is synonomous with.

There are a ton. I can even think of a couple of different Arkansas oil billionaire families (the Murphys and the Jones family, now in Dallas).

Whew, I thought Springdale was going to blow this one.

Me too. And to be honest I guess there was one more step before all of this was official. There was very little coverage of this in the morning tv news. It wasn't until I checked the paper later in the day that I noticed that thid does seem to be a done deal now.

Me too. And to be honest I guess there was one more step before all of this was official. There was very little coverage of this in the morning tv news. It wasn't until I checked the paper later in the day that I noticed that thid does seem to be a done deal now.

Is their something wrong with the news station down there? I can't believe that they wouldn't cover a new minor league baseball team coming to Springdale in 2008 in their 10 O' Clock news last night. I know KY3 has many connections but KNWA is the news station of NWA correct?

Mith, I told you...people north of the border were watching this intently. :lol:

Yeah, the Springfield news stations try to cover as much Northern Arkansas news a possible because they are still in our viewing area, especially KY3.

Is their something wrong with the news station down there? I can't believe that they wouldn't cover a new minor league baseball team coming to Springdale in 2008 in their 10 O' Clock news last night. I know KY3 has many connections but KNWA is the news station of NWA correct?

Yeah, the Springfield news stations try to cover as much Northern Arkansas news a possible because they are still in our viewing area, especially KY3.

I'm not sure why it covered more down here. All the other events leading up to this was big news. Maybe they were like me and thought this was just another small step forward.

Well, let's come up with a name, and submit it from urbanplanet.

Suggestions?

NWA Rollbacks

Springdale Nationals

Springdale Mountainmen

Springdale Indians

Springdale Engineers (railroading)

NWA X-Men (for XNA...I think that would be far better for the hockey team)

Springdale Regals

I hope they DON'T call them the Springdale Har-bers, respectfully said.

Hmmm...guess I need to think about this some more. None of those names so far are doing anything for me.

Mith indeed do we:

- Name the team after something economically, culturally or geographically prominent in the area?

- Name it in some way after its parent club, the Royals?

- Come up with something out of the blue (doesn't sound like too many teams have done that, especially recently)?

Mith indeed do we:

- Name the team after something economically, culturally or geographically prominent in the area?

- Name it in some way after its parent club, the Royals?

- Come up with something out of the blue (doesn't sound like too many teams have done that, especially recently)?

Of course many sports tend to just pick some fierce animal as their mascot. But there are some rahter interesting minor leagues teams out there so I don't think it has to be limited to that. I'm pretty sure Springdale and not NWA will be used. Which is fair, Springdale is paying for it and they are trying to improve their image. I can't see anyone going with the Indians name or anything else like that in today's world. Which I have to agree with. There's plenty of other things to name teams after. No need in picking something like that which would be offensive to people. Especially considering we aren't that far away from Oklahoma where there are quite a few Native Americans. Ironically the Wranglers name would fit well but I do think they need to change it and help establish that this is a new era for the team. I'm not sure if that's the image Springdale wants to project either.

Of course many sports tend to just pick some fierce animal as their mascot. But there are some rahter interesting minor leagues teams out there so I don't think it has to be limited to that. I'm pretty sure Springdale and not NWA will be used. Which is fair, Springdale is paying for it and they are trying to improve their image. I can't see anyone going with the Indians name or anything else like that in today's world. Which I have to agree with. There's plenty of other things to name teams after. No need in picking something like that which would be offensive to people. Especially considering we aren't that far away from Oklahoma where there are quite a few Native Americans. Ironically the Wranglers name would fit well but I do think they need to change it and help establish that this is a new era for the team. I'm not sure if that's the image Springdale wants to project either.

This is NOT meant to be offensive...I'm actually being at least somewhat serious..

The team could actually have it both ways. The cowboy image DOES fit with Springdale somewhat, but it is a good idea to change the name. So why not name the team the Springdale Vaqueros? Mexican American's have a very proud (and rightfully so...) tradition in the cowboy theme, if anything the modern Mexican American is more closely linked to their vaquero history than the modern Anglo American is to their cowboy history.

I think the Springdale Royals would be fine.

The downside happens if they ever change affiliation but I think that will help build ties with the major league club.

I really haven't see another name I'm fond of. Gamecocks ties in nicely with the poulty industry without being goofy but it's also the mascot of a UA rival.

This is NOT meant to be offensive...I'm actually being at least somewhat serious..

The team could actually have it both ways. The cowboy image DOES fit with Springdale somewhat, but it is a good idea to change the name. So why not name the team the Springdale Vaqueros? Mexican American's have a very proud (and rightfully so...) tradition in the cowboy theme, if anything the modern Mexican American is more closely linked to their vaquero history than the modern Anglo American is to their cowboy history.

It's an interesting idea, although I one thing that might hurt that is the fact that Mexico is a soccer country not baseball like much of Central American and the Carribean. I don't have any problem with that name but I'm not sure it would go over well. Like I said I wonder just how the city wants to image itself. Do they want to totally get away from anything even remotely poultry? Are they wanting to project a more 'modern' image and want to avoid any cowboy/rodeo image as well?

I don't think that's going to attract the crowds. They'd be better off using the Mythbusters logo or something. :lol: I've been trying to think of something of perhaps some sort of image that ties into the Ozarks. I did think of one thing but the name isn't really clicking for me either. But elk have been reintroduced into the Ozarks around the Buffalo River. Not really sure if that works out real great either, the Springdale Elk.

Archived