Photos De Jour - Grand Rapids and West Michigan Area

GRDadof3

lol Leo's needs to clean the bugs out of that light fixture, that's very bad maintenance procedure! I need to get a new job, that's the first thing I noticed in that picture. Anyone know where I can purchase a life?

lol Leo's needs to clean the bugs out of that light fixture, that's very bad maintenance procedure! I need to get a new job, that's the first thing I noticed in that picture. Anyone know where I can purchase a life?

:lol: Should we blame the city? It's their parking ramp...

Everyone, be sure to check out Michi's awesome GR phototours, if you haven't already: http://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/index.php?showforum=11

Guess where.

8eee359e.jpg

The black building on the corner of Monroe Center and Ionia. ;)

Karock1, there is a spot you can go to get a hilltop view of downtown from that area, but if I posted it on here, that street would be overrun with people and their cameras. :blink: Hint: Sunset.

The black building on the corner of Monroe Center and Ionia. ;)

Karock1, there is a spot you can go to get a hilltop view of downtown from that area, but if I posted it on here, that street would be overrun with people and their cameras. :blink: Hint: Sunset.

Thanks for the hint. When I find the time to get some pictures I'll be sure to post.

I finally had a day off and spent some time downtown exploring. It really reminded me how much I love this area. So much to see and do. I was really amazed to see how well Division is coming along. That area looks like it has so much potential. Glad to see some of the vacant buildings finally being used. I got some really neat pictures from the fishladder. Not sure how to post those on here thought. I think I am one of the people in my generation that does not have a digital cameras yet but am really looking into it now. Any suggestions on a camera? I know I want something that has a little bit more ability to zoom in and possibly one that can do wide angles. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I love the view of the downtown skyline when Im heading east on 196 and come around that curve near the Lake Mihigan Drive exit. I would love to get some pictures of it but am not sure how to get up into the hill above there. Any ideas?

Off the exit, head west on Lake Michigan Dr to Graham Rd. (First street off of Lake Michigan on the right)Head north on Graham to Bridge. Turn east on Bridge to Sunset Ave (on the right). It's been about fifteen years since I was on that street, so I'm not sure how good the view is from there now. It's probably the closest street with the highest vantage point overlooking the Ford Fwy.

GRDad - those photos make our beloved city look fantastic!!!

If I were from out of town, I would want to come here

just by looking at them! :thumbsup:

What's your problem Dad?

We are trying to keep this thing a secret and you go posting beutiful shots of the city on the internet.

I hope you sleep well at night you Saboteur!!! :angry:

What's your problem Dad?

We are trying to keep this thing a secret and you go posting beutiful shots of the city on the internet.

I hope you sleep well at night you Saboteur!!! :angry:

Doh! :blush:

I guess the new campaign is a rousing success, the way we all keep referring to it. Although, we'd all talk about anything downtown related, so maybe we're not the best test audience. :rofl:

Maybe WE are the new downtown campaign? :whistling: