Greenville's water

gs3

Just a funny here. I have an old friend in for the weekend and we are getting ready to go out for the evening. She just took a long relaxing tub bath at my place and is now raving about how she loves Greenville's water! Emily is standing here over my shoulder as I write this thinking I'm crazy, but I told her I had to post it. She says the water is the most pure, clear, wonderful tap water she's ever seen (and she's lived alot of places). I posted this, because I remember a few years ago when I moved here thinking the same thing about the water. Now I just take it for granted. One of those Greenville "quality of life" things that's hard to explain. Wonderful water from a reservoir in the mountains. That good ole Greenville quality. Forgive me if this post seems silly, we've been imbibing (proper tense?) all day. :D:D:D

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not at all. :lol: That's great to here from visitors. I assume you'll be taking her to as many downtown treasures as you have time for, right? As for the water, I think it's pretty good myself. I like it more than most other places I've been. One notable exception is Archbold, Ohio, where the water is as pure as I've ever had (other than in a cavern in Tennesee). I remember hearing that Archbold's water is shipped out to other places because it is so pure. Not sure if ours is. :)

During the mid-to-late '70's, there was a state-wide drought. Nearly every city of any size had to put restrictions on water use. Some cities had it worse than others, but I remember than Greenville had no restrictions because it relied on mountain runoff for its water source.

It is interesting to hear comments like these, because Greenville's water used to be nasty in the mid-late 80's. I remember drinking Greenville water as a kid then, and finding it to have a bad taste. That wasn't just my opinion either. I know many others who also talked about how the water did not taste good at all.

I suppose this is yet another example of Greenville being committed to improving quality of life for its residents!

In Greenville, "change" is a very good word. It seems that everyone, for the most part, has a similar vision for improving the everyday lifestyle and image people take away in their hearts and minds. :)

There was a study performed a few years ago regarding Greenville's ability to attract certain types of industry. Water system was major plus. I remember the study saying that in terms of quality and quantity, only Portland was better off (?).

Of course, wastewater is another story, we have real problems on the horizon with what to do with our effluent.

Not at all. :lol: That's great to here from visitors. I assume you'll be taking her to as many downtown treasures as you have time for, right?

We hit many of the treasures! When I dropped her at the airport this morning, she looked a little sleepy and tired....I felt bad because she was suppose to relax this weekend, which didn't happen. It was pretty jam packed! Greenville made quite an impression though, she's heading back in early November! :D

There was a study performed a few years ago regarding Greenville's ability to attract certain types of industry. Water system was major plus. I remember the study saying that in terms of quality and quantity, only Portland was better off (?).

Of course, wastewater is another story, we have real problems on the horizon with what to do with our effluent.

Great to know this! Thanks EDPro!

Archived