Arkansas Picture Of The Day

NCB

Here's a pic from Arkansas wine country. I made a little side trip to Altus on my way down last weekend. Wish I could have found a better spot to take a picture. I was hoping to find some larger vineyards to take pictures of. I think every existing winery except one is located around Altus. And the one that isn't is less than an hour's drive away as well.

img7823ss1fs.jpg

Here's a couple of pics of one of the old trolleys that is being restored in Ft Smith. Luckily I was able to get the man who brought back the trolley system to Ft Smith to give me a little tour of the facilities being used to restore the trolleys. This one is one of the ones that was actually used in the city. It dates back to 1904. I'll post some more info and pics when I get a Ft Smith pic topic started in the near future.

img9233ss6rs.jpg

img9229ss3xc.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Went out hiking all over the Ozarks today. Trying to hit as many places as I could during the peak of the fall foliage. Here was my first stop Hawksbill Crag also known as Whitaker Point. I should have a number of pics that I'll slowly get posted over here when I get the chance.

hawksbillcrag02tk8.jpg

Went out hiking all over the Ozarks today. Trying to hit as many places as I could during the peak of the fall foliage. Here was my first stop Hawksbill Crag also known as Whitaker Point. I should have a number of pics that I'll slowly get posted over here when I get the chance.

hawksbillcrag02tk8.jpg

Is that the same point that Randy McNataly (Think I said that right) used for their atlas cover?

• 4 weeks later...

Here's a shot of a big metro here in Arkansas. :lol: Not sure if many of you have ever seen Stuttgart but it's somewhat funny to see people's impressions when you're driving to it and they've never been. From far away on the flat Grand Prairie it looks like there's a big city coming up on the horizon. But no those aren't office buildings those are mills.

stuttgart01il0.jpg

Here's a shot of a big metro here in Arkansas. :lol: Not sure if many of you have ever seen Stuttgart but it's somewhat funny to see people's impressions when you're driving to it and they've never been. From far away on the flat Grand Prairie it looks like there's a big city coming up on the horizon. But no those aren't office buildings those are mills.

that's a fascinating pic. all of your pics are wonderful. if my memory serves, it seems that your photos have been getting progressively better - these are the zhit.

i took a slew of pics in eureka springs on my long drive out west in august, but i haven't edited them. i'll post a few when i get around to sifting through! was really impressed with the whole corridor between i-40 to bentonville (but excluding bentonville). fayetteville was a revelation. AR seems like the kind of place to be proud to say you're from, and i used to ignorantly think otherwise. a few actual visits will always do wonders for the uninformed.

that's a fascinating pic. all of your pics are wonderful. if my memory serves, it seems that your photos have been getting progressively better - these are the zhit.

i took a slew of pics in eureka springs on my long drive out west in august, but i haven't edited them. i'll post a few when i get around to sifting through! was really impressed with the whole corridor between i-40 to bentonville (but excluding bentonville). fayetteville was a revelation. AR seems like the kind of place to be proud to say you're from, and i used to ignorantly think otherwise. a few actual visits will always do wonders for the uninformed.

Hey nice to hear from you. I had been wondering how your trip went. Looking forward to seeing your pics. :D

stuttgart01il0.jpg

It's most impressive at night when the lights on the silos make it look like you're coming up on a big city. It's actually very impressive, as you said.

Stuttgart's a busy place during duck season, especially during the big festival when they have the Duck gumbo contest.

It's most impressive at night when the lights on the silos make it look like you're coming up on a big city. It's actually very impressive, as you said.

Stuttgart's a busy place during duck season, especially during the big festival when they have the Duck gumbo contest.

Yeah the big festival was going on when I went over. One think I thought was interesting, the Wings Over the Prairie Festival is claiming to be the oldest currently running festival in the south. This years was the 71st. I'll be posting some more pics, probably in a separate topic for Stuttgart.