Pinnacle Hills Promenade

RemusCal

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As I have both a tween daughter and son, I can't help but wonder when the one of the Justice for Girls adds the Brothers component to the store for the boys. I don't see it happening at either the Promenade or Fayetteville Mall location. I know the newest store is at Scottsdale and it's a large store for a Justice and would handle the addition but that company has no other properties at that center(Lane Bryant, Catherines, Dress Barn) In Fayetteville, they moved the Dress Barn from Springdale to next door to TJ Maxx and Best Buy, It yanked the Lane Bryant out the mall and put it near the Kohls to go along with the Catherines next to Target. That shopping area has a whole section for lease now that Sport Clips is gone, that's 3 stores side by side vacant. Only place in the Promenade I see ithat store concept going is on the strip with the Old Navy, Gordmans, ect....

The nearest Macy's is in Joplin. That location was "fathered in" when Macy's bought Famous Barr. Joplin has no Dillard's. I believe the Macy's in Springfield was also a Famous Barr which would explain why that market has both Dillard's and Macy's stores. With Penny's and Sear's struggling so much, I doubt there is much interest in expanding the big department store presence in NWA.

I understand that Whole Foods is locating a facility in NWA. I think they will do quite well. I stopped shopping at Whole Foods here in Louisville because their prices seemed to skyrocket just before Trader Joe's opened. I do know that Trader Joe's pays close attention to demographics and not just population. Santa Fe NM has a Trader Joe's and a MSA population of only 144,170. Lexington KY MSA is 472,099 which is similar to NWA and they also have a Trader Joe's. That would sure be a feather in NWA's cap and draw shoppers in from a very wide area. 

When I lived in NWA I wrote to both Olive Garden and Cracker Barrel. Both responded repeatedly that they felt NWA was being served by their locations in Joplin and the River Valley. I do know that when Olive Garden finally opened in Fayetteville it set sales recorders for the entire chain. Now they have two locations in NWA. I believe that Joplin and Springfield each have only one. 

Lots of Macy's were bought out and changed over to the Macy's brand. Goldsmith's in Memphis is a case in point. The Macy's at the equivalent of our Promenade, Carriage Crossing, is a two story store but the Belk's in Rogers has more selection and likely has more  sq. ft. overall. It's basically a neighborhood market compared to the Wolfchase and Oak Court stores and assortment is much different. I don't get the desire for one other than it's famous name. I've shopped them for years back home and it's really not much different than Belk's and Dillards. A few of their bigger stores carry furniture and a few more famous designer collections like the Oak Court store in Memphis having Ralph Lauren's Denim and Supple label.

The nearest Macy's is in Joplin. That location was "fathered in" when Macy's bought Famous Barr. Joplin has no Dillard's. I believe the Macy's in Springfield was also a Famous Barr which would explain why that market has both Dillard's and Macy's stores. With Penny's and Sear's struggling so much, I doubt there is much interest in expanding the big department store presence in NWA.

I understand that Whole Foods is locating a facility in NWA. I think they will do quite well. I stopped shopping at Whole Foods here in Louisville because their prices seemed to skyrocket just before Trader Joe's opened. I do know that Trader Joe's pays close attention to demographics and not just population. Santa Fe NM has a Trader Joe's and a MSA population of only 144,170. Lexington KY MSA is 472,099 which is similar to NWA and they also have a Trader Joe's. That would sure be a feather in NWA's cap and draw shoppers in from a very wide area. 

When I lived in NWA I wrote to both Olive Garden and Cracker Barrel. Both responded repeatedly that they felt NWA was being served by their locations in Joplin and the River Valley. I do know that when Olive Garden finally opened in Fayetteville it set sales recorders for the entire chain. Now they have two locations in NWA. I believe that Joplin and Springfield each have only one. 

Thanks for all the in-depth info.  One thing I would like to point out is that Santa Fe is not really comparable to any Arkansas metro.  Although it's have a lot of restrictions a bit like Fayetteville.  But as you mentioned it's not a very big metro.  But much of that population is rather wealthy.  It's also a bit odd in that quite a number of people there aren't natives but people who moved there from other parts of the country.  But anyway, my point is that Santa Fe will be able to have things we don't have despite it being a much smaller metro.

Looks like Gap Kids is going in where New York & Company was in the Promenade.  

As far as Macy's, I've never heard anything good about the Joplin store.  It's thrown around quite a bit because of the small-ish population base, but from what I've heard that store is nothing to envy.  

It's not where it was.  Maybe it moved?

According to my wife, They forgot to pay the lease.  GAP Kids came in right after the lease expired and snatched it up before NYC could renew.  The Manager on duty told my wife that they would probably not open another location in the area.

According to my wife, They forgot to pay the lease.  GAP Kids came in right after the lease expired and snatched it up before NYC could renew.  The Manager on duty told my wife that they would probably not open another location in the area.

Unless they took over the Coldwater Creek location in the Promenade, there really isn't another available space that would fit with the store.  There are some openings down by Penney's but it wouldn't fit with what's down there.  

I'd probably look to what Little Rock has in Park Plaza or their Chenal Promenade to guess what would be an option for coming to the Promenade.  Things that come to my mind are The Limited (that's not even in Fayetteville), Express, Anthropologie (probably not with Altar'd State there, though LR has both), Talbots, JCrew (IMO, highly unlikely, though I would've said the same for LR), Aldo (already come and gone).

What I would like to see at Promenade...

Apple Store, Radio Shack, some kind of real toy store, cost effective mens suit store, home gadget store, etc... Certainly don't need more womens clothing or shoe stores.

More importantly the food building needs reimagined.

The Promenade has a lot of good shops and restaurants. But I think there are still a few more restaurants that really could make NWA more unique as we all ready are.

The Promenade has a lot of good shops and restaurants. But I think there are still a few more restaurants that really could make NWA more unique as we all ready are.

There's a reason it's empty, the food outlets closed, quite a few of them made a run and failed. Seen the food court at the NWA Mall in Fayetteville? It's half the size it once was  and one side has turned into basic store fronts. Promenade has quite a few sit downs that surely ate away at potential quick serve business. The old rule of thumb was one full service restaurant for malls, Promenade opened up with several  There's PF Chang's, Fish City, Houlihan's , Mimi's and Texas Land and Cattle all on basically part of the mall and not outparcels in the traditional sense.

Here's what you do with the promenade food court, convert it into an ice rink. It's already got some amenities that complement that, fireplaces indoor and outdoor. Perfect place for Santa in the winter as well.

Promenade has bottled itself up, I look at it from Google Earth and there's not a place that could expand the center for more store fronts to accommodate more retailers should the area to continue to grow as part of the main street area. They can build islands of stores )three or four between the outdoor mall area and the row of big box retailers on the north border and they could go across the street on the east side

There's some restaurants that have lasted at NWA mall that should have lasted at Promenade, such as Subway, Sbarro, one of the Chinese food outlets... I don't see how they can stay open at NWA mall which has a lot less traffic than Promenade. What I mean by less traffic is, you see less people carrying bags with them. 

I wouldn't mind an ice rink there instead, or something like Dave & Buster's. It's just empty space right now... do something with it.

NWA Mall come and gone's since the remodel that I remember

sonic, arby's, steak escape, some other steak sandwich place, Frulatti, Quizno's.  A couple of others in the one location that was once a  Boar's Nest BBQ was. A Flying Burrito was tried once. A couple of restuarants where the Luby's Cafeteria was once, Garfields gave that location a try and flamed out. The Chinese place and the Nori Japan place is ran by the folks that own them thus cutting down on some labor costs.

The NWA Mall food court is centrally located inside whereas, at the Promenade, it's not. At the Promenade, there's a couple of places that serve food outside of the "food court" like a frozen yogurt place, Great American Cookie and a couple more in the strip where most of the children's clothing places are that lead to direction of the movies and food court.

So the Promenade food court must provide a permanent destination for anything to work. in years past there have been things out in front of the food court for the summer months, there was a carousel for a while, but all was temporary and overpriced.

Archived