IN PROGRESS: American Locomotive Works (ALCO)

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I too, have joined the club of seeing the Alco sign lit up at night - I think it's great. It adds some LIFE to that part of the city. I saw it when I was driving up Promenade after having dinner at Temple and getting a tour of the Renaissance Hotel from one of the Hensel Phelps emplyees (great experience, to be posted in that discussion when I have a chance).

The Alco sign is very bright and visible from way up Promenade, but what's wrong with bright neon signs in a city?? How else are people outside of this board supposed to know that there's something going on there?

I suppose there is nothing wrong with a sign like that, just not my cup of tea. That is the beauty of design it is differnet for everyone. God bless Struever Brothers for trying to make this area better but they have a long way to go.

How was dinner at Temple? Post the linkwhen you write a review I have been meaning to go there.

I cannot find it on projo.com , but an article in the actual paper in the R.I. section states that SBER may start its riverwalk cleanup (clean up the riverside, put in riverwalks, benches, plantings, and kayak launches) and may be complete in Fall 08'. The master plan i guess is to connect all of the planned new riverwalks from Cranston (Harborside) up to Providence and East Providence (Geonova's plan) and finishing on past downtown to the west (SBER).

thats hot :)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived