Roanoke Pictures

electricmonk

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hopefully these will show up, testing my new domain name. A few older shots. Two floods and a break from the downtown views.

Reserve Ave Sept 28 2004. The water rose quite a bit more after I left here. To the left is the area where the new Biomedical park is being developed.

flood6.jpg

Victory Stadium November 1985. My brother took this photo.

vstadium1.jpg

View from my old apartment. I could do a whole series of views from there. I had an awesome view. Too bad my landlord was an idiot and didn't pay my water and gas like he was supposed to so they got shut off and I had to move.

swview1.jpg

• 2 months later...

There are free picture hosting sites that you can download your pics to. Then you link to the url of the host site. I've been using picfury.com but there are others that I think are better. Do a google search for free picture galleries and see what you can find.

You can go to other pictures and click on properties to see what site they are linked from. I should do this too, now that I think about it.

There are free picture hosting sites that you can download your pics to. Then you link to the url of the host site. I've been using picfury.com but there are others that I think are better. Do a google search for free picture galleries and see what you can find.

Imageshack and Photobucket are decent if you just want to put photos out there. Flickr is a good choice if you actually want to categorize, keyword, adjust sizes, etc.

Thanks for your help! Here goes my attempt. I and my family live in Old Southwest (OSW) and I LOVE it. It is about a 10 minute walk from the heart of downtown. I walk to work daily and that takes about 20 minutes from my house. My office had been at Carilion Medical Center but was moved last week to a new medical office building just around the corner and down the street. At any rate, this will change the route of my walk, but not the time it takes to get there. I thought I would post pictures from each of the two walks as it gives a good feel for the neighborhood and the medical area around Rivers Edge Park. Today is the old walk down Jefferson to the hospital. I will post the new walk soon. Hope this works.

Well, I keep getting an error message but regardless of which link I choose, it doesn't seem to have the proper format to upload for flickr to here. Here is the direct link to the set.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/62433151@N00/...57594127561370/

Nice shots. Old SW has some beautiful houses.

I wish I lived within walking distance of work. Or rather I wish work was within walking distance of my place, I have no desire to live in the county. I was carless one time and couldn't get a ride and had to take the bus to Tanglewood and from there walk up 419 to Starkey to Buck Mountain to Merriman and being the county there's not a sidewalk or crosswalk anywhere.

Has anyone ever noticed the space behind the older parking garage (from the last photo, on the right) there is a 5 story wall, dividing the vacant lot at the bottom from the high ground behind it. It seem like the perfect place for an expanded parking garage or a building; perhaps a parking garage for the first 5 floors and then office space above that.

Archived