IN PROGRESS: The Dynamo House (Heritage Harbor)

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

June 2009 seems so far away, I can't wait...

I am looking forward to walking down the west side of the Providence River to this site. Hopefully continuing past the Point Street Bridge. Does anyone know if the design of the new 195 bridge allows walking under the bridge along the river? I would hate to have a deadend to this walkway that could continue to Narragansett Landing.

Mark

• 3 months later...

thats surely a good sign - anyone gone by here lately - any updates on activity??

I haven't yet seen much. I'm hoping this banner will be the start, considering that "Summer 2007" was supposed to be the start of work...

- Garris

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Any word on what the hotel will be? Interesting photo of the site on the invite to the ground-breaking. check out the Point st. bridge.

That conception is "taken" from the Point St. Bridge. The bridge in the distance in the ped bridge for the river park.

That conception is "taken" from the Point St. Bridge. The bridge in the distance in the ped bridge for the river park.

Gotcha - thanks for the clarification.

BTW. it looks like it will be an Aloft hotel. Projo says "The limited service Aloft hotel, a division of the W Hotel chain, will have about 170 rooms, a swimming pool, a fitness room and a rooftop garden." What does this mean for the 110 project if anything? Aloft is certainly not meant to compete directly with a W but might Starwood think they have enough coverage in PVD for now?

Gotcha - thanks for the clarification.

BTW. it looks like it will be an Aloft hotel. Projo says "The limited service Aloft hotel, a division of the W Hotel chain, will have about 170 rooms, a swimming pool, a fitness room and a rooftop garden." What does this mean for the 110 project if anything? Aloft is certainly not meant to compete directly with a W but might Starwood think they have enough coverage in PVD for now?

It might, but no corporation would pass up the opportunity to monopolize an entire market - be that Providence or otherwise.

Archived