Orlando Citrus Bowl Stadium [Renovation Completed]

jc_perez2003

So all we need is some company who wants their name associated with obsoleteness heading towards destruction and replacement. Shouldn't be a hard sell...

Where is Enron when you need them?

Actually I seem to remember an article a while back about a curse on corporations that named sports arenas, although no examples come to mind right now.

question

I was reading the orlando sentinel in regards to fundraising, and they mentioned that if they dont hit the $100 mil. donation mark, they will considered redrawing and reducing the size and scope of not only the theatre's, but they entire OPAC itself

in which case, doesn't that contradict the whole "we will do this right the first time" mentality, which I hear over and over again in relation to the arena and OPAC

I feel anything less than what is currently proposed now would be a severe short comming, leading us only to ditch this project 10 years from now to get something better

either way, does anyone know the fundraising agency hired to help drive this project and their track record?

I wouldn't worry about the fundraising effort. Nashville, a smaller metro area, raised $100 million for its new symphony hall, and Atlanta raised $100 million very quickly for its own hall. Corporate benefactors tend to give $5-10 million, so a handful of those can easily push the fundraising effort over its goal.

Where is Enron when you need them?

Actually I seem to remember an article a while back about a curse on corporations that named sports arenas, although no examples come to mind right now.

Ah ha, the Sentinel did the research for me....apparently, speaking of, Enron had their name on something in Houston but I forgot what it was already.

I wouldn't worry about the fundraising effort. Nashville, a smaller metro area, raised $100 million for its new symphony hall, and Atlanta raised $100 million very quickly for its own hall. Corporate benefactors tend to give $5-10 million, so a handful of those can easily push the fundraising effort over its goal.

who would be ORlando's most viable benefactors?

-HD Supply?

-Suntrust

-Martin Lockheed

-Darden

-AAA

-EA?

-Traveler's

-Marriott

-Jetblue?

-Disney

-Universla

-Busch?

-Harcourt

-Rosen???

Edited by JRS1

Orlando Magic's home to be renamed 'Amway Arena'

The Orlando Magic will play in the "Amway Arena" under a naming-rights agreement that will be announced Thursday, the Orlando Sentinel has learned.

Team executives didn't have to look far to find someone willing to put a name on the building formerly known as the TD Waterhouse Centre: Magic owner Rich DeVos, who co-founded Amway Corp. in 1959.

The Ada, Mich., company will put its name on the city-owned arena for the next four years and have the initial exclusive option to negotiate for the right to name the team's proposed new arena, according to a city official familiar with the terms of the deal.

Read More at OrlandoSentinel.com

Orlando Magic's home to be renamed 'Amway Arena'

The Orlando Magic will play in the "Amway Arena" under a naming-rights agreement that will be announced Thursday, the Orlando Sentinel has learned.

Team executives didn't have to look far to find someone willing to put a name on the building formerly known as the TD Waterhouse Centre: Magic owner Rich DeVos, who co-founded Amway Corp. in 1959.

The Ada, Mich., company will put its name on the city-owned arena for the next four years and have the initial exclusive option to negotiate for the right to name the team's proposed new arena, according to a city official familiar with the terms of the deal.

Read More at OrlandoSentinel.com

Didnt DeVos also donate a fairly large amount to the building of the new OPAC?

How does Amway Arena sound?

That's what the Sentinel is reporting today:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/...-home-headlines

I know, I meant the new arena that's just been approved to get built, should be dubbed the Disney Dome.

Amway Arena is...uh...lame. Just lame. TD Waterhouse Center (Centre?) was much better.

DARN YOU TD WATERHOUSE!!! (shakes virtual fist) :cry:

I know, I meant the new arena that's just been approved to get built, should be dubbed the Disney Dome.

Amway Arena is...uh...lame. Just lame. TD Waterhouse Center (Centre?) was much better.

DARN YOU TD WATERHOUSE!!! (shakes virtual fist) :cry:

Amway is tacky. Their logo is tacky. Everything about this is tacky. <_<

Edited by mrh3