Updating Emporis

mistermetaj

I always look on emporis.com, and it has wonderful reports with photos and descriptions of other cities and metros, yet they have done very little with Norfolk and Virginia Beach. We have posted so many pictures on this site of the area as it has been growing, and I think they would do well on a site like emporis. They need some serious city updates and we should try to do that.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I always look on emporis.com, and it has wonderful reports with photos and descriptions of other cities and metros, yet they have done very little with Norfolk and Virginia Beach.  We have posted so many pictures on this site of the area as it has been growing, and I think they would do well on a site like emporis.  They need some serious city updates and we should try to do that.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Unfortunately, Emporis is a real-estate site. Unless the building is already under construction or being built, they won't post it. I tried to correct them about there confusion with harbor heights and harbors edge, but to no avail. Hopefully with harbors height finally under construction, with web site up, they will finally get it right. We could probably have send some of the photos of downtown Norfolk taken by Willy. Every major Metro has skyline photos of their downtown, and some of the ones taken by Willy are excellent. I think there are rules about taking photos and submitting them though. Would have to read their rules.

Unfortunately, Emporis is a real-estate site.  Unless the building is already under construction or being built, they won't post it.  I tried to correct them about there confusion with harbor heights and harbors edge, but to no avail.  Hopefully with harbors height finally under construction, with web site up, they will finally get it right.  We could probably have send  some of the photos of downtown Norfolk taken by Willy. 

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well the person who has taken most of the pix is named "Will Morgan"... so I am guessing there could be a connection...

Emporis is really a nice site but they take FOREVER to get new updates in. There are tons of buildings in the area with no pix. And I think that they do not take submissions from just anyone. You must be the "chosen one" from the given area.

At least they have some actual building pix up now. For the first two or three years it was up they just had renderings (and bad copies at that!) of SunTrust and yes I just checked... only renderings of TC and a random pic of the spire. And a lovely pic of the worst aspect of the TC building: the garage.

Well the person who has taken most of the pix is named "Will Morgan"... so I am guessing there could be a connection...

Emporis is really a nice site but they take FOREVER to get new updates in.  There are tons of buildings in the area with no pix.  And I think that they do not take submissions from just anyone.  You must be the "chosen one" from the given area. 

At least they have some actual building pix up now.  For the first two or three years it was up they just had renderings (and bad copies at that!) of SunTrust and yes I just checked... only renderings of TC and a random pic of the spire.  And a lovely pic of the worst aspect of the TC building: the garage.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah I have tried to correct them too...but nothing. They only seem to update major cities regularly. I know that when I follow a Minneapolis building, the day it starts construction, the status on emporis' site changes.

I just think that Norfolk and HR aren't even on their radar screen and they just don't take us seriously. After all, most if not all of the towers that are proposed in Charlotte and other cities seem to make their way on to Emporis.

Thank you for your request. We are sorry that Norfolk is underrepresented on

Emporis.com but we have not one Editor who feels responsible for this city, we

would be very glad if you would join our editor team and help us to hold

Norfolk upt o date. If you have interrest please write an E-Mail to

[email protected], and we will give you an account.

kind regards

Emporis Support Team

That was the response to my email. I dont really have a chance to use the camera that much and take pics, but for guys like willy and vdogg, you should email that address and see what they do for you.

I think vdogg would jump on that.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'll see what i can do. This forum is a big responsibilty in and of itself and I am primarily concentrated on growth here. If there is a way i can do it without detracting from my responsibities here i gladly will. I'll see what they say.

Thank you for your request. We are sorry that Norfolk is underrepresented on

Emporis.com but we have not one Editor who feels responsible for this city, we

would be very glad if you would join our editor team and help us to hold

Norfolk upt o date. If you have interrest please write an E-Mail to

[email protected], and we will give you an account.

kind regards

Emporis Support Team

That was the response to my email.  I dont really have a chance to use the camera that much and take pics, but for guys like willy and vdogg, you should email that address and see what they do for you.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wow, someone got a reply. Hey willy, didn't you have a little paragraph or so on Norfolk that would go on that site? I think we could definitely update Emporis. There is so much more going on in Norfolk than one would think by just looking at that site.

Well, I did send them an email a long time ago highlighting developments at that time. Now, with all the recent announcements that email would be really, really outdated. What I think we could do, if it's alright with vdogg, is we could kind of have a contest. Everyone who wants to participate should write a few paragraphs and post them here in this thread. Tell about the great developments that are happening in Norfolk or other cities in HR. And looking around Emporis they need some information about the other cities as well, because just about all of them are doing big things. Once we get a certain number of posts we could choose which one we want to be added to the site.

May the most articulate and informative post win!

Also, if we can send them pictures, I'd be more than happy to send them some of mine. They're not the best pictures in the world, but they might help.

We are not going to have a thread at UrbanPlanet for the purpose of fixing incorrect or missing information at Emporus.com. If they can't keep their site up to date, that is their problem especially considering they are a for profit site.

If they need to use UrbanPlanet's resources for help, have them send an email to the site.

Archived