2022 Forecast for Davidson County

markhollin

4 hours ago, Binbin98 said:

Nashville needs a bigger airport for this to be accurate. However who knows what the airport will look like in 3-5 years post expansion.

Although that might be a decent way to gauge a city’s growth, I wouldn’t put much merit on it. 
Denver’s airport is ranked as the largest in the US , but in no way is Denver a larger city then say .. LA , NYC , etc. 

Edited by Luvemtall

Outstanding job, Mark!

Exciting to see on paper.

And I agree with Smeags regarding density. We are finally seeing it unfold (there is a long way to go, obviously) and it is very exciting.

I don't foresee Nashville (at least any time soon) having lots of towers of 600 feet and taller. But we will get some and they will punctuate (better than 400-footers) our future density.

• Like 4

On 1/2/2022 at 2:19 PM, OnePointEast said:

We’d be comparable to Charlotte if it all comes through.

What an asinine statement. Land developers from all over the country are bum rushing Nashville with over 150 10+ story buildings. They don't even consider Charlotte as an afterthought.

Edited by Licec
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, samsonh said:

What a strange statement. Charlotte is growing quicker than Nashville. Also, it’s not a competition, all cities can improve.

If people packed together like sardines floats your boat fine. It doesn't float mine. I don't know why the population junkies obsess such things. But hey all I know is that Nashville is the king of multi tower developments. Those are the better numbers.

Edited by Licec
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Licec said:

If people packed together like sardines floats your boat fine. It doesn't float mine. I don't know why the population junkies obsess such things. But hey all I know is that Nashville is the king of multi tower developments. Those are the better numbers.

So... let me see if I can wrap my head around this.  You're pro skyscraper development, but you're anti-density.  Uh... nope, still can't wrap my head around that.  

• Like 3