Charlotte/Raleigh Highrise Building Booms

JacksonH

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/12/2024 at 12:32 AM, carolina1792 said:

The Weld south of downtown Raleigh project is going up fast, 3rd 20-story tower plans have just been submitted :

3rd Weld tower (The Weld Phase 2) will include 525 apartments and at least some retail.

do you think the third phase of the Weld going forward is in response to dad's (Mr John Kane) delays in Downtown South getting that started?   I think the Weld is being developed by Kane Jr.  sorry I can't remember his first name.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, KJHburg said:

do you think the third phase of the Weld going forward is in response to dad's (Mr John Kane) delays in Downtown South getting that started?   I think the Weld is being developed by Kane Jr.  sorry I can't remember his first name.  

For sure it's because of the office element. This project is all residential and funding secure a couple years back while John Kane is old school and wants an office element at Downtown South. Sitting on empty office towers is not ideal. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 1/25/2024 at 9:10 PM, KJHburg said:

from the Kane Realty website the developer of North Hills.  This looks like a medium sized city's skyline but no this is Midtown Raleigh and this shot does not show all the high rises. 

Northhillsimage.jpg

Somewhat similar to the Gulch area of Nashville that sits in between Nashville's Downtown and Midtown.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...