Eastern NC Cities - New Bern, Kinston, etc

nicholas

• 1 month later...

• 4 weeks later...

Kessler is great and he loves historical buildings as he has done that in Savannah.  He also built the Grand Bohemian in Charlotte and in Asheville and downtown Orlando.  His Plant Riverside and its JW Marriott in Savannah is perhaps the best new  hotel built in the country in the last few years.  If you are ever in Savannah be sure to visit the Plant Riverside and JW Marriott is like a museum inside I am not kidding. 

https://www.kesslercollection.com/our-hotels/

• Like 3

That sounds amazing. This building has basically been vacant for over 30 years. I don't know if "elevator tag" is a common game amongst children. But my friends and I played it all summer long in the Elks Building. I think there was one occupied office on the 3rd floor. Otherwise, super creepy and fun. This was in the late 80's. Good memories. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

small town downtown of Elizabethtown county seat of Bladen county but very close to White Lake a major tourist area.  Lots of shops and restaurants in this one block long downtown including this famous place.  Population around 3300 or so in a county of 29,000 or so.  

20230626_135337.jpg

20230626_135338.jpg

20230626_135356.jpg

20230626_141022.jpg

20230626_141045.jpg

20230626_141228.jpg

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...