Diamond Area / Hermitage Rd Corridor / Ownby District

whw53

Dammit, it appears Emporis actually may have the CoStar height, which is unusual for them.

It would become the tallest free-standing tower in the land,  843 feet tall and 1,046 feet above sea level.

https://www.wtvr.com/2013/02/27/holmberg-wtvr-tower-a-surprisingly-gentle-giant-turns-60/

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, ancientcarpenter said:

Guys below 6ft will be so happy to update their dating profiles to this new CoStar height :tw_joy:

"you're looking for a guy over 6ft? Girl, I'm 343 CoStar ft."

How tall are you? 

Well, depends on where I'm standing...

Okay, I'll stop now...

A new Tinder feature:  "Swipe UP for CoStar height..." :tw_wink::tw_thumbsup:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, DowntownCoruscant said:

They picked a superb week (weather-wise) to do this. Every single person looked miserable!

And that's in Richmond! Imagine them being up here in Chicago where it's finally gotten cold (after a ridiculously Richmondesque start to winter - our first measurable snow of the season was fully six weeks late in arriving -- normally here by November 16th - this year, December 29th (28th? - I don't remember - all I know is it was right before New Year's Day)). Some friends of mine in New England have been getting hammered by snow, ice and the kind of cold weather more common here (multiple nights of lows below zero, that kind of thing).

Either way - I'm glad to read that so many developer/real estate folks showed up for this get-together. That's a very positive sign all the way around.

• Like 1

Do you guys have a membership to the Athletic? Fascinating read on the changes in minor league baseball. We can’t fool around with a new ballpark. 
https://theathletic.com/3080746/2022/01/26/whistlepigs-and-2-beers-minor-league-clubs-kicked-out-of-baseball-face-uncertain-future-liberation-in-exile/

“It’s been quite an effort to start a whole new system,” Sword said. “I’m becoming convinced that this is the right thing for the game of baseball, and it’s going to result in a lot more stability and longevity in these cities.”

Added Sword, “We’ll be grateful, 10 years from now, that we took those steps.”

What will the minors look like then? Several owners think the reduction to 120 affiliates was only the start. “There is very popular thinking that sooner or later it’s going to be 90 [teams] — if not less,” said Andy Shea, owner of two former members of the defunct South Atlantic League. Added Katofsky, “It wouldn’t shock me, in five years, if it’s 60.” 

What happens when a minor-league team gets kicked out of the minors? More teams may find out.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, whw53 said:

https://richmondbizsense.com/2022/02/03/which-development-firms-are-eyeing-the-diamond-district-heres-a-rundown/

My partner wonders why i have February 15th circled on the kitchen calendar - thinks we got some big deal planned for Valentines Day. Seriously I can not wait to see these proposals - gosh the shear number of  development teams listed here  , some even international -  is flattering in its own right. Even the ones that don't get picked will have newfound knowledge and exposure to the Richmond market.

Wait -- Walter Parks wasn't on the list?!?!?!?!  :tw_open_mouth:

• Haha 4

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, ancientcarpenter said:

Happy Birthday to him! How special he must feel that he gets to share his birthday with the day of Diamond District development plans day! For my birthday, I just get to brag about being a Sagittarius :(

Why thank you!!  Yep - he's an air sign, just like his dear ol' dad (I'm a Libra) and he has my sense of humor, too. :tw_thumbsup::tw_wink:

My daughter (the oldest of the nutcase crew) turns 13 at the end of the month. She's a Pisces and she has my temperament ... which is probably not the best trait to have - as you guys already know, given some of my RANNNNNNTS on RVA's rather dubious five-decade-long history of wasted development opportunities... :tw_neutral:

Edited by I miss RVA
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, I miss RVA said:

Why thank you!!  Yep - he's an air sign, just like his dear ol' dad (I'm a Libra) and he has my sense of humor, too. :tw_thumbsup::tw_wink:

My daughter (the oldest of the nutcase crew) turns 13 at the end of the month. She's a Pisces and she has my temperament ... which is probably not the best trait to have - as you guys already know, given some of my RANNNNNNTS on RVA's rather dubious five-decade-long history of wasted development opportunities... :tw_neutral:

Do your kids have a uncanny ability to discuss and push for high density towers and maximum height requirements?  I have a 2 month old and I need to get him started yesterday! 

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, Shakman said:

Happy Birthday young man!

On behalf of Mr. Munchkin - thanks!! I'm looking forward to when he gets home from school today!

7 hours ago, ancientcarpenter said:

Do your kids have a uncanny ability to discuss and push for high density towers and maximum height requirements?  I have a 2 month old and I need to get him started yesterday! 

Hmmm... all three of them (one daughter, two sons) have the uncanny ability to BUILD high-density-looking towers to the max height possible given the number of Legos they're using. Does that count? :tw_smiley:  My daughter, who turns 13 at the end of the month, is actually realllllllllllllllly creative when it comes to building stuff. She used to build skyscrapers when she was 5 and 6 years old (I wonder where she got THAT from?)

Edited by I miss RVA
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, I miss RVA said:

On behalf of Mr. Munchkin - thanks!! I'm looking forward to when he gets home from school today!

Hmmm... all three of them (one daughter, two sons) have the uncanny ability to BUILD high-density-looking towers to the max height possible given the number of Legos they're using. Does that count? :tw_smiley:  My daughter, who turns 13 at the end of the month, is actually realllllllllllllllly creative when it comes to building stuff. She used to build skyscrapers when she was 5 and 6 years old (I wonder where she got THAT from?)

Just keep those kids away from Walter Parks and we will all be happy with whatever they build!

• Haha 3