Hillsborough Development

DCMetroRaleigh

14 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

I think that Chapel Hill and a small part of Carboro are the only places in the OC that are liberal.  Hillsborough, Efland, etc. seem like Bo and Luke Duke could come driving out in the General Lee at any time.

There is a lot of truth in that statement. Liberal or Conservative ,Orange County is anti-growth with the exception of the part that has spillover growth from  Alamance County (Mebane). 

Edited by Seaboard Fellow
  • Like 1

On 2/20/2021 at 9:35 AM, SydneyCarton said:

I think that Chapel Hill and a small part of Carboro are the only places in the OC that are liberal.  Hillsborough, Efland, etc. seem like Bo and Luke Duke could come driving out in the General Lee at any time.

No no, its the opposite. Carrboro is the closest to 100% liberal as you'll find anywhere in the country. Chapel Hill has a solid conservative bloc and is the fertile ground for people like the guy who donated $1,000,000 to Trump's election fraud campaign then asked for his money back. Meadowmont has a solid chunk of conservatives too...those were the ones fighting the light rail through there 'cause them dark skinned people might get off and decide to shop there. Hillsborough has a sizable liberal contingent too...who do you think supports the Weaver Street Market there? 

Edited by Jones_
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, Jones_ said:

No no, its the opposite. Carrboro is the closest to 100% liberal as you'll find anywhere in the country. Chapel Hill has a solid conservative bloc and is the fertile ground for people like the guy who donated $1,000,000 to Trump's election fraud campaign then asked for his money back. Meadowmont has a solid chunk of conservatives too...those were the ones fighting the light rail through there 'cause them dark skinned people might get off and decide to shop there. Hillsborough has a sizable liberal contingent too...who do you think supports the Weaver Street Market there? 

The nice parts of Carrboro are very liberal.   I wasn't so sure about the not so nice parts, including, but not limited to, the strip mall by the old DMV.   

I agree that Hillsboro has some limited, liberal pockets.  Overall though,  it's pretty rural and conservative, not that I have an issue with that.    Personally, I prefer a place that's not extreme left, like Chapel Hill, and not extreme right, like Mississippi.  That's part of the reason why I like Charlotte better than Chapel Hill.  It's more of a middle of the road place.

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Jones_ said:

When you are talking about easily connecting to a population with 4X+ the violent crime rate, it isn't about race, it's about culture. Many of the few violent crimes in Chapel Hill are already conducted by people who come in from Durham. Also, it is an expensive project, and the heart of conservatism is reducing government expenditures.

Edited by dmccall
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/26/2021 at 11:24 AM, dmccall said:

When you are talking about easily connecting to a population with 4X+ the violent crime rate, it isn't about race, it's about culture. Many of the few violent crimes in Chapel Hill are already conducted by people who come in from Durham. Also, it is an expensive project, and the heart of conservatism is reducing government expenditures.

As a former John Locke employee I am quite familiar with the bylines, logical retorts underpinned by false assumptions and underlying drivers that necessitate their use. Bottom line, you're just reiterating my point that Meadowmont and other swaths of Chapel Hill ain't that liberal. 

Edited by Jones_
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...
15 hours ago, KJHburg said:

I really thought this was going to an announcement that Bucee's was coming back to the site outside of Hillsborough.  

Well at least everyone got an article summarizing the goings on at NC State.....Hillsborough is the main drag!:tw_glasses:

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...