Ivanhoe Village / Loch Haven Park

spenser1058

12 hours ago, bqknight said:

I believe this is a different proposal than the other 14 story building proposed for Ivanhoe. This one is at 68 S Ivanhoe, right next to the DoubleTree.

IMG_2357.jpeg

what's funny about DTO, is that we're so used to it being sparsely densified, that when you see a proposal like this one for the location that it's at, you're like...um, can that fit there? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jrs2 said:

what's funny about DTO, is that we're so used to it being sparsely densified, that when you see a proposal like this one for the location that it's at, you're like...um, can that fit there? 

I was thinking the same thing tbh. But that's why "low" cities like DC or Paris are shockingly dense: four to ten stories with very few gaps.

It'll make a nice streetwall fronting the current Chamber of Commerce / potential Holocaust Center building.

image.png.1473ad824fecc64d5a2f63171d22c4dd.png

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, orlandocity87 said:

I was thinking the same thing tbh. But that's why "low" cities like DC or Paris are shockingly dense: four to ten stories with very few gaps.

It'll make a nice streetwall fronting the current Chamber of Commerce / potential Holocaust Center building.

image.png.1473ad824fecc64d5a2f63171d22c4dd.png

I'm somewhat ok with low rise buildings so long as they are high quality (materials used).  There are a lot of lots that should be filled in still.  Just look at the overhead shot you just posted...  Weber & Magnolia for one...the lot in question above; that parking lot at Magnolia , Orange, and the RR tracks...  we're just so used to empty lots here they are almost overlooked...

On 8/14/2023 at 5:09 PM, jrs2 said:

I'm somewhat ok with low rise buildings so long as they are high quality (materials used).  There are a lot of lots that should be filled in still.  Just look at the overhead shot you just posted...  Weber & Magnolia for one...the lot in question above; that parking lot at Magnolia , Orange, and the RR tracks...  we're just so used to empty lots here they are almost overlooked...

Totally agree. Unfortunately, Lake Highlight Prep keeps a lot of its land vacant for parking or storage...

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...