CTC Redevelopment - Crescent, BPR & Whitepoint Proposals for Transit Center Redo + More

59 minutes ago, RANYC said:

back on track?...so it, too, had derailed?

well remember the Hornets training center was going to be built there.  It moved on.   I don't see a HUGE office tower rising there and not sure about an apartment tower with the interest rates and costs.  I see a new transfer station for buses and capped off for now.  Maybe I am wrong. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, KJHburg said:

well remember the Hornets training center was going to be built there.  It moved on.   I don't see a HUGE office tower rising there and not sure about an apartment tower with the interest rates and costs.  I see a new transfer station for buses and capped off for now.  Maybe I am wrong. 

It will be done like Carolina Theater, built with the foundations for a high rise to be built on top of it. Maybe at the same time but the intention is to not wait on private development to build the public aspect.

21 minutes ago, MothBeast said:

It will be done like Carolina Theater, built with the foundations for a high rise to be built on top of it. Maybe at the same time but the intention is to not wait on private development to build the public aspect.

I honestly can't see a scenario where the bus is built without at least the retail podium and a residential tower, with phasing in place for a second, and third tower.

Edited by CLT Development
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/9/2024 at 10:15 AM, Desert Power said:

I just hope they build a much better engagement with the light rail with a trail or public plaza on that side.

Residential would be nice too. That part of uptown could use it.

It absolutely will engage the Light Rail better. Much much better.

• Like 3