Vantage South End - 1100 S Tryon

KJHburg

27 minutes ago, atlrvr said:

Does anyone here know what the truck is for?  It has different tubes mounted on the back, so I'm assuming it is related to testing for phase 2 as opposed to a work truck for the current project, but honestly have no idea.

Tryon_South_End-20200402-082012.jpg

I think thats for core sampling. But I can't really tell because of the resolution

3 minutes ago, tarhoosier said:

My accountant has been in a SouthPark building for many years. They were notified about a year ago that Lending Tree was to take over their building, across the street from the current Tree location, and all tenants would be required to relocate. Then Tree made their deal with Spectrum for this property. The accountant, and what firms remained, were offered a MUCH better lease deal since the building owner decided to continue the upgrade for future tenants after Tree moved on. There is some renovation dust and noise but few tenants. The building is mostly empty and they are happy to stay where they are, save money, retain their printed stationery and so on.

I know an attorney and her office was asked to relocate out of one of those southpark buildings then got new space but a little bit more then the deal fell apart.  Childress Klein bought those 2 buildings and new is renovating them as you said.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Prodev said:

Does anyone know if the hotel is being built now with the deck construction or is it a later phase?

Its supposed to proceed immediately, but it hasn't been submitted yet. probably 2-3 more months before the deck is topped out.

Edited by Guest

3 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Will the hotel sit above the parking deck?  Hopefully, it will have a rooftop bar.  The views of Uptown would be amazing.

It will have a rooftop bar yes. 250 feet up in the air. I was promised new renderings soon, will follow up.

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

Thanks.  That sounds fantastic.

P.S.: Will the hotel sit upon the parking deck like Honeywell does?  

Thats the only place it could go. perched atop the parking deck. 

Edited by Guest

I'm assuming we'll also hear more about the Hotel flag within the near future?

Who knows. I know of a tower that was slated to announce its anchor tenant March 30th and that didn’t happen. We aren’t working in assumptions anymore.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Tyree Ricardo said:

Who knows. I know of a tower that was slated to announce its anchor tenant March 30th and that didn’t happen. We aren’t working in assumptions anymore.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Do you think that deal collapsed altogether or is just delayed?  I'd assume the latter.

Was that for the new tallest in SouthEnd that's been discussed?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Do you think that deal collapsed altogether or is just delayed?  I'd assume the latter.

Was that for the new tallest in SouthEnd that's been discussed?

nah. Different project. Delayed.

Edited by Guest

My thoughts on any new office towers including 2nd twin to Vantage Southend and the mysterious other tall project nearby is anchor tenants.  If an anchor tenant is found work will start.  Otherwise I think developers will be gun shy the rest of this year starting anything on spec without a lead tenant.  

• Like 2
  • Sad 1