Scott's Addition Development

varunner

Really like how Soda Flats turned out. The rendering wasn’t doing it for me, but the actual building looks awesome!

For the Outlier, I still see the crane base in the photo above, so there should still be a crane. 

Great photos!  Thanks for posting this photographic update!  Fantastic!

• Like 1

On 5/18/2024 at 12:12 PM, blake_p said:

The Ace

IMG_1488.thumb.jpeg.d4def806233a4760cdc20356852c6c8f.jpeg

The Outlier

IMG_1487.thumb.jpeg.35cd712acef48d32d1323f807a755678.jpeg

N. Chasen & Son (Clay St.)

IMG_1486.thumb.jpeg.465af356c9f138918c446d7f841cefd1.jpeg

N. Chase & Son (Marshall & Altamont)

IMG_1485.thumb.jpeg.c7529008e5bae79798555fefed3d88bf.jpeg

Soda Flats

IMG_1482.thumb.jpeg.bc00bd0c79d6cff3845797cea22aec20.jpeg

@blake_p - you've totally hammered it out of the ballpark with the entire collection of AMAZING photos of the current state of play. I'm blown away by all of the fantastic pix you took and posted this weekend - and how revelatory they are about just how much RVA really IS booming with seriously crackling construction.

Needless to say -- you've more than garnered some very-much-deserved RVA/UP Silver Hardware for your outstanding handiwork. Mazal Tov, my friend - VERY beautifully done. Expect delivery anytime now.

(NOTE: I'm posting your award HERE in this thread - but it's for all of the great photos you took and posted in this and the other threads collectively. You prolly knew that though.)

image.png.8aab67889b8c478f4453bd4e8bc03995.png

Edited by I miss RVA
  • Thanks 1

Stumbled across this yesterday - sometimes Cap Square zooms in on the construction site, and sometimes that zoom can be very revelatory about some of the other projects going on that don't have cams and are hidden from view from this cam. Check out the yellow boxes - you can see the tops of the support posts for the Outlier on A.A. Boulevard in the background of the photo. It looks like quite a bit of work has actually been done there. I can't wait to see the crane pop up there - hopefully soon.

Screenshot (4856) - Copy.png

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

A couple of cool things from the Cap City construction cam for the N. Chasen site development:

1.) We have some wall panels and framing for windows on the west side of the "middle" building (north side of Marshall). How cool is that?

2.) If you squint hard enough, you can see one of the little red baby cranes toiling away on the Leigh and Allen apartment building construction.

Now... if only we could get that crane in place at the Outlier site...

Pretty nice, all in all.  Enjoy!

Screenshot (4923).png

Screenshot (4923) - Copy.png

Edited by I miss RVA
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, Shakman said:

Sections of a tower crane.

Oh…could it finally be coming?!  Seems there was a snag in the scheduling of the crane or something!  Probably will go up tomorrow, if I had to guess.  Thanks for the tip off!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, eandslee said:

Awesome pics!  Woo hoo!  Thanks for posting!

And here is a screenshot of all three cranes together!

IMG_7562.jpeg

Now THAT'S what I'm talkin' about!!

Wow... EPIC, gentlemen... just EPIC.  FINALLY - this shot right here really makes RVA look and feel just a bit more like a "boomtown", doesn't it?

Say - if anyone happens to be passing through and could snap a couple of pix that would put both the Ace and Outlier cranes in the same shot, both from the south (say, AA Blvd and Broad) and from the north (the bridge over the Acca yards) - that would be AMAZING!!

I'm not sure if there's an angle that could give us a ground-level view that could get all three cranes in - except for coming over that bridge over the Acca yards. That might do it.

Wow - this is FANTASTIC!

Noticed that the cranes had all been turned (am guessing due to wind direction/speed today?) -- and doing so gave us a really nice view of the length of the gib on the crane for the Outlier. And if you look off in the distance, you can see the crane for the project at Allen and Leigh. Pretty cool to have four cranes for four different projects totaling six apartment buildings - all at the same time. This is the kind of stuff other cities have been doing for years - and now it's finally our turn.

It's especially exciting knowing that these projects aren't the only ones underway at the moment - with lots more happening in other parts of the city and the metro. We gotta get those big projects over in Manchester off the ground now. That part of the city has sat fallow for too long and it's time for those developments to arise from their slumber and start moving forward.

Loving every minute of this!

Screenshot (5010) - Copy.png

• Like 4

16 hours ago, I miss RVA said:

Noticed that the cranes had all been turned (am guessing due to wind direction/speed today?) -- and doing so gave us a really nice view of the length of the gib on the crane for the Outlier. And if you look off in the distance, you can see the crane for the project at Allen and Leigh. Pretty cool to have four cranes for four different projects totaling six apartment buildings - all at the same time. This is the kind of stuff other cities have been doing for years - and now it's finally our turn.

It's especially exciting knowing that these projects aren't the only ones underway at the moment - with lots more happening in other parts of the city and the metro. We gotta get those big projects over in Manchester off the ground now. That part of the city has sat fallow for too long and it's time for those developments to arise from their slumber and start moving forward.

Loving every minute of this!

Screenshot (5010) - Copy.png

FUN FOLLOW UP:  image.jpeg.7bc6ddb94533c8303d65c3461af3da0d.jpeg

I've been periodically checking in and looking at the Cap Square construction cam and the TV8 News downtown weather cam - watching five of the six cranes turning and moving -- essentially "whirring away" as construction crews chug away building the N. Chasen, Ace, Outlier apartment buildings (the Allen and Leigh project is too far away to see that crane's movements), and the CoStart campus and tower. And it's just SOOO heartening, encouraging and thrillng to WITNESS this city's continued boom, particularly knowing there are many other projects under construction elsewhere in the city, (3600 Grove Avenue comes to mind), as well as all around the metro. Man... these are exciting times - and I can't wait for more to come because we've got some heavy hitters in the pipeline waiting to get underway.

Edited by I miss RVA
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
56 minutes ago, whw53 said:

First look at Capital Square's next project - the former Dairy Bar site. 

Screenshot 2024-06-26 134032.jpg

Terrific news!!!

Check out Eric Kolenich's reporting in today's Richmond Times-Dispatch:

https://richmond.com/news/local/business/development/dairy-bar-scotts-addition-hotel-apartments/article_a8c206a6-3319-11ef-9756-e39a96e27baf.html

5 hours ago, I miss RVA said:

Wow!  I’m just surprised the RTD beat RBS to this story!

1 hour ago, whw53 said:

To be fair i think RBS had this when the SUP first dropped in first quarter of the year, RTD doesn't cover development in same way but they got the rendering here. Otherwise most detail here was already known or at least generally 

True - but I was just looking through Eric's reporting, and he writes that Capital Square made the formal announcement of the project (obviously with more details and with the renderings) this week. So either Monday or yesterday.

I'm posting this here even though the lede to the article is about Capital Square's scuttling of plans for a new from-scratch HQ in Short Pump. Included in @RVABizSenseMike's reporting is Cap Square's announcement of the Dairy Bar project. A nugget in Mike's reporting that was not in the RT-D article: Cap Square is looking to start construction at some point next year. If that comes to pass, then they'll get this one underway before the N. Chasen project is fully complete - definitely keeping momentum moving in the right direction.

From today's Richmond BizSense:

https://richmondbizsense.com/2024/06/27/capital-square-scraps-plans-for-new-short-pump-hq/

• Like 1

Combine that with Hoffman's project (3200 Moore - almost 400 units) which has received approval of it;s POD and applied for permits to begin disturbance and vertical construction. These permits were submitted last week - 

https://energov.richmondgov.com/EnerGov_Prod/SelfService/richmondvaprod#/plan/f9224002-870c-46eb-b1f2-f751205bb918

https://energov.richmondgov.com/EnerGov_Prod/SelfService/richmondvaprod#/plan/8fb8e551-41e7-46aa-8c00-2daa92caf3a7

& a block north at 1701 Roseneath (Blackwood Development?) has re-awoken and is currently pursuing  a parking modification  to original SUP which should be a 7 story project. 

https://energov.richmondgov.com/EnerGov_Prod/SelfService/richmondvaprod#/plan/0d922c85-a3fa-4c33-9c81-3c7240d20884?tab=moreinfo

Edited by whw53
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1