Grand Rapids Restaurant Rumor Mill

dbrok

You think there's enough foot traffic to support an ice cream shop?

An ice cream shop might work well downtown. Other than the Children's Museum, there isn't a lot downtown that's "family friendly" there might be a niche for something like this.

Looks like Red Robin will be adding a second location near Woodland Mall, probably in the former Greektown location.

I might be wrong, but I thought it was going in another outlot by the theatre. There is a grassy empty spot next to On The Border. Too bad that Max and Erma's went out, that would be a great place for some patio seating in the summer. Add a restaurant where Sbarro used to be with a patio and it could be pretty cool. Hopefully, the new owners are working on something!

I went to Graydon's Crossing the other night. It is on Plainfield just north of Leonard. They opened three weeks ago. Really reminds me of the London Grill in Plainwell if you have any idea what that is!

It's got that English Pub feel to it with some great food and many, many, many beers on tap! I definitely recommend it!

What's a Kansas City Dipping Company?

There's one in K-zoo, it's bar grill type of place that offers a full menu plus these amazing dips a whole bunch of them (30+) (they range from hummous style, to greek, to good old cream cheese based, gourmet style) you put them on cucumbers, pita chips, nachos, celery. Then they have that for ice cream :) delicious...their wings are better than BW-3.

has anyone ever been to Findley's its kind of like a fridays or bennigans minus the bar. there are a few in kzoo and lansing and maybe other cities in the state, but the menus say that the offices are in GR on lake eastbrook, and I did not think there was a findleys in GR, does anyone know if there is or was at some point?

...I did not think there was a findleys in GR, does anyone know if there is or was at some point?

Finleys is a part of River City Food Company, www.rcfc.com, owned by local businessman (Universal Forest Products), former ambassador to Italy, Philanthropist (i.e. millenium park,) Peter Secchia. Their offices are on Lake Eastbrook Dr.

Finleys is a part of River City Food Company, www.rcfc.com, owned by local businessman (Universal Forest Products), former ambassador to Italy, Philanthropist (i.e. millenium park,) Peter Secchia. Their offices are on Lake Eastbrook Dr.

Sorry to get too far off topic, but why would such a prominent downtown booster not locate his company downtown? It isn't like they have hundreds of employees that would cost millions to relocate. And it would be a sign of confidence that they put there money where their mouth is. I'm sure I am over simplifying it, can someone smarter that me shed a little light.

Well, I went to McFadden's on Ionia last night. I wont go back. Had the Rueben that was advertised a corn beef "stacked high". It was maybe an 1/8" high. I left hungry. I'll go somewhere else next time...

Hmmmm.. where did you sit.. and what time.. I remember serving a few Ruebens friday evening :ph34r:

(sorry you left hungry btw... :( )

So, on my weekly trek to O'tooles yesterday, I peaked in the window of Montes. :ph34r: When they said remodel... they really meant to say "Gut the whole damn place of EVERYTHING". Nothing is left in there, not even the bathrooms... I think i'll keep a weekly update going since i'm next door almost every sunday :alc: (which makes mondays suck just a little more)

Edited by PBJ