Tallahassee Convention Hotel

Florida

• 2 months later...

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To my knowledge (which ain't sayin much) this meeting has NOT been held. I too was anticipating this meeting and to what the possible outcome would be. Of course for me the best case scenario would be to kill the entire deal and start up from scratch again. Based on past history, they often times postpone these type meetings until a later date. I wonder if that's what happened here???

Not to lower anyone's hope about this particular project, but I think it's one of those believe it when I see it things. There is always some kind of little buzz about this project. When it seems as if they are all fired up and ready to discuss the future of the hotel, there is always some kind of set back; Well ummm.... we need funding for parking, etc. Maybe there is hope for the project. It took umteen years for us t the Blair Stone Rd. extension to come to pass.

I just found out that the next Civic Center Authority board meeting is Jan. 24 at 8:30 a.m. I don't know the agenda, but obviously they are going to talk about the hotel project. TaureanJ if you find out anything about the agenda please keep us posted. Thanks.

I agree that after all these years we need to say R.I.P. but don't you feel something should be done about these people who just wasted so much time?

Chelsea

You are right it wasn't clear enough. By "These People" I mean the developers, which keep on making excuses and not meeting hundreds of deadlines they have been given. But on the other hand, don't you think it is weird that The Civic Center Board has done nothing about it? What was the deal there? I don't think legal cost was the main problem, and we all know that if they win the case, then the developers have to pay for legal costs. So I guess that the authorities knew they might not win the case for some reason. But why? I really don't know, and I would love to find out. :P

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Everything we want all rolled up into one package and currently under construction. The City & County of Montgomery are almost exactly the same size in population as Tally/Leon and Montgomery's 4 county metro is also identical in pop. to Metro Tally. Both us are State Capitals (although FL is more than 4 times larger) and where we have 2 major universities, Montgomery has one smaller HBCU (Alabama St) but has Maxwell AFB and a new Hyundai Plant. Montgomery also has to compete w/much larger Metros (B'ham 90 miles away and ATL 150 miles away) like we do.

So.................the big question is.................are we falling behind?

Hotel Guru Works to Attract Conventions

Ray Ezelle, sales and marketing director for Montgomery's new hotel and convention center, has begun booking convention business for 2008, and believes that the facility will help change the perception of Montgomery for decades to come.

The $157 million development will have more than 103,000 square feet of meeting and exhibit space and a 14,000-square-foot ballroom on the main level. A performing arts theater will seat 1,800, and an upscale restaurant will face Commerce Street.

There will be 347 rooms; 600 parking spaces; and a 9,000 square-foot European style spa, a fitness center, a pool and fountains on the parking deck. A running track will circle the top of the deck.

Thanks to ExpatBaman for the above info.

• 1 month later...

Is the Civic Center Hotel dead or live, because now there is a request for an increase in height variance from 190' to 245'?

Anyone has news about this new development?

Gosh I'm sick of these height restrictions and variances - especially for this piece of property - and what is the COT afraid of anyway by capping downtown. Oh well, I won't go there but check this out!!

http://www.talgov.com/commission/meetings/...s/070509/22.htm

Is the Civic Center Hotel dead or live, because now there is a request for an increase in height variance from 190' to 245'?

Anyone has news about this new development?

Gosh I'm sick of these height restrictions and variances - especially for this piece of property - and what is the COT afraid of anyway by capping downtown. Oh well, I won't go there but check this out!!

http://www.talgov.com/commission/meetings/...s/070509/22.htm

What ever happened to the other proposal for an Embassy Suites w/a conference room in it that was being speculated for the empty lot south of the CC? Anyone ever hear why it was never formally submitted?

G. Yordon blamed 9.11 as part of the reason why it has taken so long. Hey Gary, you know how many towers, hotel, condos etc have been built in FL since that tragic day?

I'm to the conclusion this project will never be built in my lifetime.

Archived