The Plaza

Tim3167

so it is a panera bread minus the bread.

panera bread is nothing like it actually. you should go check it out. more of a dinner atmosphere than panera bread with a great bar. the restaurant derived here in orlando having its first location in winter park, so im all about promoting it. i used to go their quite a bit when i was living over near park ave, i hope this one has photography of downtown orlando; the winter park location has really great winter park photography.

Well Guys and Gals, I was there tonight and i am please to say that the photography of downtown was really cool. I was at the bar so i cant speak for the waiting servie but the Bar service was really good and the food was awesome. better then the east Orlando location i thought. If any of you guys were there tonight we probably walk or saw each other.

One thing i notice walking under the building between the solaire and the plaza, the smell from the garbage was definately obvious and you could smell almost to the stairs for the theatre. I hope its just a temporary thing because that location really smelled.

Its been packed with people everytime I show Solaire. Lunch crowd is awesome.

I went yesterday... packed beyond expectation.

I think they are already set up for outdoor seating. wonder when they'll implement it...

also, they need to tint the glass at their back of house areas by Church and the lobby.

what a great new urban place to eat and people watch-- new perspective (versus hanging out on the planters between the two towers).

Edited by JRS1

I went yesterday... packed beyond expectation.

I think they are already set up for outdoor seating. wonder when they'll implement it...

also, they need to tint the glass at their back of house areas by Church and the lobby.

what a great new urban place to eat and people watch-- new perspective (versus hanging out on the planters between the two towers).

I was there about 10 last night at the bar, not too packed but busy. Great food and some good beers on tap. Just what we need downtown.

We managed to sneak up to the 19th floor where someone was nice enough to leave a door unlocked to an office under construction. Nice views from up there, and there is even a balcony, which is strange for an office building. I wish I would have had a camera.

It is kind of strange you can look back into their storage area from the lobby.

Is JRS1 like KRS1? :shades:

edit: having gotten over a bit of a hangover, maybe I've made such a comparison to one of my favorite 'rappers' in the past. They serve till at least 11, probably 12.

Edited by neon9

Is JRS1 like KRS1? :shades:

edit: having gotten over a bit of a hangover, maybe I've made such a comparison to one of my favorite 'rappers' in the past.

inspiration, yes.

but based on bands that I really like even today, my screen name should have been EFIL4ZAGGIN instead! (in loving memory... Eric Wright :cry:)

19th... nice. that is technically trespassing, so be careful next time if you get caught by their brilliant security...

• 2 weeks later...

You probably wont see Transformer in downtown theatre.

Hot Rumor...Rave Motion Pictures to open Downtown Orlando theater

Posted on Jul 1, 2007 7:21:30 AM

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertain...umorrave-m.html

FYI, NE Corner Penthouse sold for 1.9M June 29th, Excellent comparable for TT and The Vue Pents, JCamp70 u gotta luv that!

You probably wont see Transformer in downtown theatre.

Hot Rumor...Rave Motion Pictures to open Downtown Orlando theater

Posted on Jul 1, 2007 7:21:30 AM

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertain...umorrave-m.html

Not sure what the Sentinel was writing about - I just looked up the movies the theatre in Melbourne is showing and, yes, Transformers and Ratatouille are among them. The theaters are also in places like Destin and Pensacola so we are not talking cutting-edge arts towns here. I'm not complaining, but I'm not sure Enzian needs to panic just yet. http://www.ravemotionpictures.com/

The cinema going to open October 1st and Orlando Film Festival start Nov 8th. It is not going to be digital.

It looks like the next venue to open up will be the Cold Stone Creamery. They look like they could be up and running within a month. Everytime I walk by, there is something finished and new in there... a lot of activity.

It looks like the next venue to open up will be the Cold Stone Creamery. They look like they could be up and running within a month. Everytime I walk by, there is something finished and new in there... a lot of activity.

An probably shortly after, the Haagan Daz will be open at Court and Central. They have now hiring signs in their windows.

The cinema going to open October 1st and Orlando Film Festival start Nov 8th. It is not going to be digital.

I'm not sure if that's entirely accurate... I think from what they've said recently some screens will be and some won't-- but the detail are still being worked out... I'm assuming Rave cinemas will be the company involved...

I'm not sure if that's entirely accurate... I think from what they've said recently some screens will be and some won't-- but the detail are still being worked out... I'm assuming Rave cinemas will be the company involved...

True, I heard Nov. 1st. --over a year late from the original proposed date of Sept 2006. I know original proposed dates are rarely even close or accurate (more hype than anything), but over a year margin of error is a bit much.

BTW, whats up with the other retail/restaurants. Urban Flats is opened, but I dont really see any activity in the other spaces.. i expected to see some construction by now.

True, I heard Nov. 1st. --over a year late from the original proposed date of Sept 2006. I know original proposed dates are rarely even close or accurate (more hype than anything), but over a year margin of error is a bit much.

BTW, whats up with the other retail/restaurants. Urban Flats is opened, but I dont really see any activity in the other spaces.. i expected to see some construction by now.

The great thing about the rest of the resturarants and venues is that all of them have everything set up and ready to go. It is just a timing thing now. Once they decide to "make it happen" it will all go up in a matter of weeks to months. Urban Flats's started the trend, and from talking to the managers there, they are doing a lot more business than they expected.

Now, everyone else wants to start there final phazes of production. It will be just a matter of time until every venue, including the movie theater will be rockin and rollin!!